By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Parent Teacher Conference will be Monday, Oct. 15.
• The KC Chiefs mascot, KC Wolf, made a visit to our school on Sept 20 and spoke to the students about attitude, behavior and character. During the assembly, KC Wolf showed a video, answered questions and gave students an inspirational talk. This months Students of the Month also were recognized during the assembly. This year, we will be recognizing a boy and a girl from grades K-4 and a boy and a girl from grades 5-8 as Students of the Month. Congratulations go out to India Parris, Jared Switzer, Hannah Parmenter and Trey Stone.
• Congratulations to Jaurie and Adam Wells on the birth of their daughter, Avy Brielle, on Sept. 24. Avy weighed in at 7 pounds, 11 ounces and is 19 inches long. This was also Jauries birthday.
• Happy birthday to Bethany Slocum, Haley Mefford, Alex Catron, Mollee Vasser, Pam Groblebe, Addisyn Dinner, Megan Carnes, Colton Click-Jackson and Wyatt Clifton.
By Nina Kemper
• From 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 29, is the Freeman Community Club breakfast. There also will be a 50/50 drawing. There will be sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes and drinks. Freewill donation. Hope to see you there.
• At the Freeman Homecoming on Sept. 15, I do not know who won all the drawings, but I do know that Gwen Eason won the beautiful floral arrangement made by Judy Bidwell and I was the lucky winner of the beautiful quilt made by Ruth Young. Thanks to all who donated prizes and congratulations to all the lucky winners.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its next meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11. It will be an evening of meet the candidates and each candidate will have three minutes to tell about themselves and what they plan to do. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend.
• Vernon James is now in Louisburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center at 1200 S. Broadway, Louisburg, Kan., for about three weeks of rehab. He would welcome cards and visitors.
• Rex and Kandice Eckhoff were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Sept. 23. Shelley Needham and Michael Oakes had the Childrens Church. Rev. Buzick had the Childrens Moment. Lots of people were added to the prayer list. There is no Friday night Bible Study at the Gurnetts this week. A Couples Bible Study will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29, at the church with Rex and Kandice Eckhoff. The study is based on the film Courageous. From 6:30 to 8 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 30, there will be a family game night .
• The Freeman recycles bins are now located on the west end of Freeman in front of where Williams Tire Shop used to be.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Sept. 29 - James Carver II, Mary Quick, Velma Goforth; Sept. 30 - Tom Marshall and Lori Coleman; Oct. 1 - Alex Eckhoff, Brett Burchett, Nathan Irvin; Oct. 2 - Kevin Myers, Lois Lawson, Ruth Miller and Stephen Parker; Oct. 3 - Zachary Sturm, Peggy Linder; Oct. 4 - Chandler Stephens; Oct. 5 - Lilli Vento; Oct. 7 - MacKenzie Scholl and Ann Hammonds.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: Oct. 4 - Jessica and Jacob Streeter; Oct. 7 - Sheryl and Mat School and Nathan and Laura Irvin.
By Gail Lyon
• On Sept. 21, some of the congregation of the West Line Church went to Branson to see the Joseph Story at Sight and Sound Theater. This theater is where the Story of Noahs Ark also was performed last year. There were 21 that went and Pastor Barth and Kathy Smith went in their car with their good friends Ken and Lynn Roney. I also attended the Branson show.
• Happy Birthday: Joel Cochran 29th, Kaylen Wren 29th, Kelly Adams 30th, Loy Adams 30th, Robin Mayes 1st.
• Happy Anniversary: Larry and Joyce 2nd, Alan and Jenny Welch 4th.