By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had one medical for the week. Board meeting should be at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 8. The first responders are working the East Lynne basketball games through the month. There was a disturbance with guns being shot off between two people but no one was hurt.
• Silver Manor meeting will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct 11, unless told otherwise.
• Derric Hammond at 816-258-0336 will put on several events this weekend at the East Lynne Rodeo grounds for his father
• Happy birthday to Travis Airrington, Antonio Hernandez, Josh Worley, Terri Harmon, Bethany Cox, Andrea Graham, Rachel Hamlin, Rachel Hockett, Mick Ramage, Dominieque House and Brian Kauffman.
By Nina Kemper
• The Freeman Community Club will have its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11. We will have politicians to tell what they plan to do if the are elected into office. Each candidate will have three minutes to talk. After everyone has talked, we will have an intermission for snacks and for people to ask politicians their questions. Members are reminded to bring snacks.
• Senior Citizens Bingo will be Tuesday, Oct. 9, at the Freeman Community Club building. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and lunch will follow. After lunch, bingo will be played. Everything is free. Lots of prizes and fellowship.
• The Walmart Retirees will meet at Diamond Rays at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16. If you retired from Walmart or were a long-term associate, please join this group.
• By now, all Freeman postal users should have received your survey form from the U.S. Postal Service. It is very important for each of you to return this survey. We do not want to lose our post office. I would suggest marking number 1 - keep the post office but with realigned window service hours. Also, you must designate what hours you would like to see the window open. I would suggest something like 8 to 11 a.m. and then 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Also, make any additional comments you would like. There will be a meting at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, at 109 E Main Street in Freeman. Everyone is encouraged to attend this meeting. You can also ask questions of Christy Goddard at the Post Office. If you have misplaced your form, or did not receive one, more copies are available at the post office.
• The Freeman Community Club breakfast was very well attended on Sept. 29. Winner of the 50/50 was Bob Jefferson and his take was $83. Our next breakfast will be from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday Oct. 27. We will have another 50/50.
• Vernon James returned to his home in Freeman Sept. 27 and is doing well.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its annual Haunted House from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31. Treats will be handed out. This is for the kids.
• Joyce Farr and Virginia Lee were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Sept. 30. Elaine Sturm had the Childrens Moment and Alex Eckhoff and Hunter Oakes had the Childrens Church. Tom Ryan filled in for the vacationing Ilona Buzick and had a wonderful message for us. A2J, youth group, meets at 3 p.m. Sunday afternoons. Dan Manning is the new youth director. Welcome, Dan. The first Family Game Night was Sept. 30 and the next one will be a Halloween Party on Sunday, Oct. 28. Womens Bible Study is at 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Bible Study on ACTS is Friday nights at the home of George and Carole Gurnett. Couples Bible Study is from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday nights. Rex and Kandice Eckhoff are leading this study based on the film Courageous. Child care will be provided but please let Kandice or Rex know if you need child care.
• Norvell and Nina Kemper went to Warrensburg on Sept. 28 because the grandkids were out of school. Kim, Dan, Jared and Abby Allnutt joined the Kempers for lunch. On Sept. 29, Gabby Buck spent the night with the Kempers. Kay and Greg Buck came to pick her up Sept. 30.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Oct. 7 - Ann Hammonds and MacKenzie Scholl; Oct. 8 - Jon Seabaugh and Carroll Hayden, Jr.; Oct. 10 - Linda Nash, Harold Davis, Robert Cook; Oct. 11 - Margaret Goddard, Kelly Cook Elliott; Oct. 12 - Trinity Porter; Oct. 13 - Molly Martin Bangert.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: Oct. 7 - Nathan and Laura Irvin and Sheryl and Mat Scholl; Oct. 10 -Darrell and Marcia Williamson; Oct. 12 - Shelley and Phil Needham and Oct. 13 - Derek and Melanie Taylor.