By Mischaele Bearce
• The East Lynne Fire Department had one call for a fire that turned out to be a bonfire.
• East Lynne Assembly of God had a Sunday night Baptismal service Oct. 28 with Ryder Wells, Kathryn Woolery, Kevin Parmenter, Whitney Woolery and Brittlee Clark all getting baptized by Cliff Woolery.
• Dont forget at 2 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 4, to turn your clocks back one hour.
• Tuesday, Nov. 6, will be voting at the East Lynne fire station. I believe the other voting booth will be the East Lynne baptist church.
• East Lynne School is still collecting newspapers, magazines and junk mail to make money for the school. No trash, cardboards or telephone books as these cost the school money. The container is in the school parking lot. Tuesday, Nov 6, will be picture retake day and the Annual Sports Banquet starting at 6:30 p.m.
• Aaron Cantrell, son of Sara Cantrell, came home from the hospital Oct. 26. He is doing better but still needs prayer.
• Congratulations to Kyle Gibbons and Charity Saucerman, Zackery Hochhalter and Sarah Cooper, and Justin Sims and Ashley Bowman on their recent marriages.
• Happy birthday to Barbara Ball, Chryslon Martin, Aiden Cantrell, Jolee Gregg, Carl Walquist, and Katia Gonzalez.
By Nina Kemper
• Please do not forget to vote Tuesday, Nov. 6.
• Happy Veterans Day to all our veterans.
• Get well to all our sick in the community. There are so many - Vernon James, Marietta Davis (surgeries and now shingles), Elaine Sturm - shingles; and many more with colds and flu. Michael and Hunter Oakes were in a car accident by the Midway school Oct. 25. Both were taken to Childrens Mercy. Michael was treated and released but is still pretty sore. Hunter was kept overnight for observation. Both boys are doing well.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8, with a potluck dinner. Meeting will follow. Everyone is invited.
• The Walmart Retirees will have the regular monthly luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, at Diamond Rays at Millwalk Mall in Harrisonville. If you retired from Walmart or were a long-time associate, please join this group.
• The annual Community Thanksgiving service will be at Freeman Presbyterian Church this year. It will be at 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 18. Churches in the area will all have a part in the service.
• The Freeman Community Club has appreciated everyones support at our breakfast. Breakfast will be back the last Saturday in January 2013. Your support has enabled us to do a lot of our projects that we do.
• Several schools were out Oct. 24 and 25 and Nina and Norvell Kemper were thrilled to spend Oct. 25 with their granddaughter, Gabby Buck. Gabby and I did one of our favorite things - shopping.
• Special get well wishes go to Maggie Riggs who very suddenly got sick and is now at Childrens Mercy and in an induced coma. Maggie is 13 and the daughter of Jim and Diane (Kurzweil) Riggs.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Nov. 3 - Zoe Eberle, Briana Wright; Nov. 4 - Larry Scott, Emily Swartz; Nov. 5 - Nancy Swartz and Joshua Gaddie; Nov. 6 - Richard Francy; Nov. 7 - Kobe Burchett; Nov. 9 - Mildred Looney, Linda Lee and Tony Mayfield.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: Nov. 3 - Randy and Laurie Oakes; Nov. 5 - Robert and Linda Cook; Nov. 6 - Larry and Beth Lee and Tom and Joan Fields.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church had breakfast for everyone Oct. 28 to celebrate Pastor Appreciation Month. It will have the Fall Festival Dinner and Craft Sale from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3 . Its almost time to collect Operation Christmas Child Boxes. This is such a great mission and so much fun.
• The Richardsons had the monthly dinner on Oct. 28. October is soup and chili and anything that goes with it.
• It is always a wonderful time when you spend time with family.Midway had a safe and great game Oct. 31, Halloween night, at Drexel.
• Happy Birthday: Waylan Creekiller, Linda Snider 2nd, Craig Chatfield 3rd, Cali Hager, Anthony Evins 4th, Nina Adams 5th, Rick Hillman, Bob Smith 7th, David Carlson, Kirk Young 8th.
• Happy Anniversary: Romaine and Delores Dennis 3rd.