By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had one call for the week. Nov. 6 was voting day at the fire station, so I hope everyone got out and did that. Christina and Chris Langsdale had a baby shower at the fire station Nov. 3. Board meeting will be at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 12.
• Conference Band will be from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16, at Leeton School. Also on Friday, Nov.16, the Map students will take a field trip to the Shrine Circus from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. On Saturday, Nov. 17, will be All Conference Band TBD. The week of Nov. 19 there will be school on Monday and Tuesday only. This is different for the school as there is no school usually on Monday but there will be on Monday and Tuesday only.
• The school celebrated the ending of the basketball season with a Parents/Players games and everyone had a wonderful time at this game.
• Happy birthday to Karen Little who now lives in Ohama, Neb., but the family was down here visiting this past weekend. Birthday wishes go out to Bobby Silvey, Matthew Cox, Josiah Sims, Martin Miller, Joseph Shook, Adriece Atty, Procton Keyton, Jacob Leeper, Brook Airrington and Wanda Carrell.
By Nina Kemper
• The Cass Midway FFA Chapter requests the pleasure of your company at the Veterans Assembly in the Cass Midway High School Gymnasium on Monday, Nov. 12, at 2:30 p.m. A reception for veterans and their families will follow the assembly in the cafeteria. RSVP to Megan Richner, Agriculture Education Instructor/FFA Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Walmart Retirees will meet Tuesday, Nov. 20, at 11:30 a.m. at Diamond Rays for their regular monthly luncheon. If you retired from Walmart or were a long time associate, please join this group.
• The Midway Vikings football team lost to Skyline 41-14. You guys have nothng to be ashamed of, hold your heads high. Youve had a great season.
• The Freeman Community Club had 175 children pass through their Haunted House on Halloween. What a great time. Thank you to the people who bring kids on hayrides, etc. They are a joy. Also thank you to all who contributed candy. Most of it was used but what is left will be used for Christmas and other projects.
• Please keep Maggie Riggs, daughter of Jim and Diane Riggs, and granddaughter of Harold and Linda Kurzweil, in your prayers. Maggie is at Childrens Mercy and is quite ill. There has not been much change. Maggie is 13.
• The Community Thanksgiving Service will be at Freeman Presbyterian Church this year on Sunday, Nov. 18, at 7 p.m. All churches will have a part in the service. Refreshments will be served following the service. Everyone is requested to bring a can of vegetables for the food pantry. Everyone welcome.
• Get well wishes go to so many people in the community. The flu, colds, shingles, etc., have hit many people.
• Ty Eckhoff and her friend Jessie were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Nov. 4. Natalie Madison had the Childrens Moment. Joyce Farr and Keith Cook had Childrens Church. The men of the church had prepared a wonderful breakfast for everyone. There is a Womens Bible Study on Wednesday mornings at the church. A2J (youth group) meets Sunday afternoons at 3:00. Sons of Thunder (boys 9th-12th grade) meets Wednesday evenings at the church at 7:00. Journey (for young women) meets on Wednesday at 6:30. All youth are encouraged and invited to join one or all of these groups. Sunday, Nov. 11, during the Worship Service at Presbyterian Church veterans will be honored. All veterans are encouraged to bring a picture of you in your uniform at the time you were in the service.
• Congratulations to Keith Cook for being named one of the top salesmen in his company for this year.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Nov. 11 - Dr. Susan Lee; Nov. 12 - Jared Allnutt, Fisher Mayfield, Hayden Barnes, Kim Hoffman; Nov. 13 - Dick Sanders, Beck Hammontree and Jason Stricker; Nov. 14 - Travis Taylor; Nov. 15 - Kent Thomas; Nov. 16 - Bob Zoog, Bryan Ring and Becky Hamner; Nov. 17 - Vince Farr, Mary Margaret Myers, Don Smither.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: Nov. 11 - Elton and Nina Jean Adams and Margaret and Jim Gipson; Nov. 13 - Jill and Rod Smith; Nov. 16 - Harold and Marietta Davis.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church had a very successful turnout for their Annual Fall Harvest Dinner/Bake Sale/Craft Sale. There were leftovers so we had a church dinner after services on Nov. 4. Operation Christmas Child boxes will be collected Sunday, Nov. 11.
• Nathan Lyon and his dad Tim went hunting for the Youth Hunt Nov. 3. Nathan shot a six-point buck early in the morning. He was very excited.
• Midway played in the Sectionals on Nov. 5 at Skyline and they lost the game.