By Mischaele Bearce
• Starting at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 25, we will begin Revival with Tim Collins and there will be another revival that evening, which will start at 7 p.m. and it also will occur Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights, Nov. 26-28. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Happy birthday to Tony Dunn, Tina Long, Jacob Long, Misty Terrell, Barbara Call, Tara Mefford, Ashton Woodring, Deirn Thomas,Paul Kreimeyer, Scott Hubble, John Call, Jr., Cheyenne Ames, Seth Yotz, Lexi Scammoca, Jason Wilson, Frank Trainer, Kindred Weseman, Howard Raffurty, Christopher Harris, Lauren Richter, Patrick Dickey, Rena Heavin, and Clara Clickner.
• Happy Anniversary to John and Judy Gentry, Kendall and Telli Atkinson, Lisa and Mike Akins, and Roy and Marge Sparks.
By Nina Kemper
• There will be no Freeman Community Club breakfast Saturday, Nov. 24. Look for it to return the last Saturday in January 2013.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its annual Christmas Lighting on Sunday, Dec. 2. Music will start the evening off at 5 p.m. and Santa will arrive at 6 p.m., at which time the lights will go on. From 5 p.m. until they run out, there will be a fire on Main Street and you will be able to roast hot dogs. Inside the building there will be other goodies, snacks, hot chocolate and coffee. Inside is where Santa will be and the kids can talk to him and have their picture taken with Santa. You might want to bring your own camera. Donation of two dozen cookies is requested from members and also anyone wanting too. Come and join the fun.
• Senior Citizen Bingo will be Tuesday, Dec. 11, at the Freeman Community Club. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and lunch will be served about noon. This will be followed by some fun games of Bingo. There is no charge for this as everything is provided by Benchmark in Harrisonville.
• Congratulations to Randy Oakes for being honored Nov. 17 as the No. 1 Road Recruiter for Transportation Distribution Company in Joplin. Randy and Laurie attended the meeting where Randy was honored.
• Awnee Henness and Keith Cook were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church Nov. 18. Dan Manning, A2J (youth pastor) had the Childrens Moment. Awnee read the scriptures. LaVeta Sanders and Hunter Oakes had Childrens Church.
• The Community Thanksgiving Service was at the Presbyterian Church Nov. 18. Participating in the service were the Freeman Baptist Church, the Freeman Christian Church, the Westline Christian Church and the Presbyterian Church. A very nice service as all churches had a part in the service. Following the service, refreshments were served.
• We extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Charles Castle. Charles and family lived around the area for many years and then moved to Harrisonville.
• Nov. 17, Nina and Norvell were able to tour the new Honeywell Plant where their grandson, Daniel Allnutt, works. It is a very nice facility and they will gradually be moving to the new facility. Following the tour, Daniel, Dan, Kim, Jared and Abby Allnutt and the Kempers enjoyed lunch together.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13. Everyone welcome.
• We hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Nov. 24 - Dan Lee; Nov. 26 - Dorothy Rodier; Nov. 29 - Richard Given, George Gurnett and Maddie Kleinsasser; Nov. 30 - Thomas Needham, Michael Oakes and Leslie Schilb.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: Nov. 26 - Dave and Peg Irwin and David and Shaunda Irwin; Nov. 27 - Darlene and Larry Scott and Andy and Stephanie Scott; Nov. 28 - Bob and Maxine Farr.
By Gail Lyon
• I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
• I attended my granddaughter Emmas 6th birthday party at Westchester Lanes Bowling Alley. She had five of her friends from school in attendance in addition to her sister Abby and brother Nathan and her cousins Kaitlyn, Shelby and Miranda. Everyone had a wonderful time.
• Donna (Robinette) Mitchell stopped by Robert and Lois Youngs on her way home to Tennessee from visiting her mother, May Robinette, in Colorado. Donna found her mother doing well and still in remission. While in Colorado, she was able to visit her brothers Mike and Ken Robinett and their families. Nov. 18, Shelly from Gardner, Kan., Charlie and Jean Young and all the Young Children gathered at Robert and Loiss to have dinner and visit with Donna before she left to go back home.
• Happy Birthday: Mattatias Davis, Larry Richardson 26th, Susan Sidwell, Troy Smith 27th, Oliver Craycraft 28th, Stevie Bailey 29th.
• Happy Anniversary: Bob and Maxine Farr 28th, Tom and Carol Didier 29th, Rob and Angie Irvin 29th.