Friday, Nov. 30, 2012
Nov. 30 Community News & Notes
By Mischaele Bearce
• The East Lynne Fire Department had one medical call for the week. Maintenance was Nov. 29. This weekend will be the annual Christmas dinner for the fire members and their families.
• East Lynne school will have their play practices during the day and some evenings. From 4 to 5:30 p.m., those evenings are Dec. 4, 6 and 11. The school play is called The Gift and will start at 7.p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 13.
• The East Lynne Assembly of God had Revival with Tim and Deb Collins, who were here to minister what God and done and is still doing in their lives. They have been traveling all through Florida and Georgia for the last two months and are now at home in Blue Springs. His testimonies were awesome this week. We had several new young people and a group from Blue Springs who came down.
• We, John and Mischaele Bearce, had the Thanksgiving dinner at our house with 25-plus present. We had people from Texas, Nevada and the city of Cameron make the extended trip. We were very thankful this year because we had just found out Johns baby sister had breast cancer, had the surgery two weeks ago and the day before Thanksgiving, the doctor called to tell her she is cancer free. Eveybody has gone home now and all had a safe trip to their destinations.
• Happy birthday to Eavey Bevan, Walter Nemecheck, Kolten Groblebe, Collin Feagley, Paul Hernandez, Kelsey Roth, Jackie Groblebe, Jacob Bruton, Nick Kreimeyer, Hunter Fackrell, Hollie Abernathy, Sammy Clifton, Houston Miller, Eric Heavin, Sr., Chryslin Martin, and Valorie Raffurty.
• Happy Birthday to Brian Woolery who turns to a new set of numbers on the 28th.
• Happy anniversary to TJ Poole and Chrissy.
By Nina Kemper
• The Freeman Community Club Christmas Lighting will begin at 5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2. There will be music, followed by Santas arrival at 6 p.m. In between, there will be a fire on Main Street to roast hot dogs. After Santas arrival, the children can visit with him inside the club building. Also in the building, there will be cookies, hot chocolate, coffee, etc. The children can have their picture taken with Santa. Club members and anyone else wanting to are reminded to bring two dozen cookies.
• Senior Citizen Bingo will be Tuesday, Dec. 11, at Freeman Community Club. The doors open at 11:30 a.m. Lunch is at noon, followed by Bingo. Everything is free and is provided by Benchmark of Harrisonville.
• The Freeman Community Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, for its regular monthly meeting. Everyone welcome.
• The Walmart Retirees will meet at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18, at Diamond Rays. If you retired from Walmart or were a long-time associate, please join this group.
• Nov. 20, Nina and Norvell Kemper went to Leawood, Kan., to enjoy lunch with their granddaughter, Gabby Buck, for Grandparents lunch. Gabby had just been to the doctor and gotten her hand in a cast.
• Nov. 21, former Presbyterian pastor Derek Taylor and his wife, Melanie, were at the Presbyterian church for a reception in their honor. The Taylors now live in California where Derek is a pastor.
• Thanksgiving Day guests in the home of John and David Ullery were Dennis and Susie Ullery and Brian and Karen Williams.
• Thanksgiving guests of Nina and Norvell Kemper were Kim, Dan, Daniel, Jared and Abby Allnutt.
• Nov. 24, Norvell and Nina Kemper and Kay and Gabby Buck went to Des Moines, Iowa, to attend the 60th wedding celebration of one of her sisters. They were able to see many of Ninas family members. They all returned on Nov. 25. There were relatives there from Texas, Florida, Colorado and, of course, Missouri and Kansas.
• Bob and Maxine Farr celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary with family Nov. 23 at Archie House. Congratulations on 64 years.
• We extend our sympathy to Sharon and Tom Marshall on the death of Sharons mother, Marjorie Smith, on Nov 18.
• Our sympathy also goes to the family and friends of Mary Alice Greer. Mary passed away Nov. 14.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Dec. 2 - Donny Williams; Dec. 4 - Kayla Ring and Mike Oyster; Dec. 6 - Jeremy Farr, Cherry Mickelson, Jennifer Dean, Debbie Francy and Austin Oakes; Dec. 7 - Rachel Sinclair and Donice Parker; Dec. 8 - Glen Hunt.
• Anniversary wishes go to Caren and Brian Renner on Dec. 4 and to Melva and Homer Baldwin on Dec. 5.
By Gail Lyon
• Barry and Carla Lyon had Thanksgiving this year in their home. Her mom Carly and Ed Kinney and all her kids were there with their families. They had a great time riding in Grandpa Barrys Jeep in the field.
• Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I went to Donna and Ray Barretts. Brandi and Donna made the main dinner and everyone brought something and it was so yummy. I overate and when I started feeling better I ate again. We played games and ate all day. My son, Tim, and his three kids were there. Most of the family was there but some of them went go to other relatives this year.
• Robert and Lois Young had some of their children and their families over for Thanksgiving dinner. Doris Riggs also was there. They all enjoyed the day very much.
• Nathan, Abby and Emma went with their mom, Aunt Brandi and their cousins to watch the plaza lights get turned on. They really enjoyed it.
• Our sympathy goes out to Kandence Sanders family on the loss of her daughter Amanda on Nov. 25 in a car accident. She will be buried in Shaler Cementery outside of West Line on Saturday, Dec. 1. She was the daughter of the late Steve Sanders.
• We wish a very happy 40th anniversary to Tom and Carol Irvin on Saturday, Dec. 1.
• Happy Birthday: Malori Boyer 1st, 2nd Sherry Chatfield 2nd, Sara Boyer 3rd, Jeremy Fuller, Albert Peek 5th, Jennifer Dean, Becky Gilbert 6th.
• Happy Anniversary Jim and Charlene Chaffin 5th.