Friday, Dec. 07, 2012
Dec. 7 Community News & Notes
By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had two medicals for the week. Dec. 2 we had our annual Christmas dinner with Mick and Cyndi Ramage catering the dinner. Congratulations to Fire Fighter of the year, Anthony Faulkenberry, and Support person of the year, Connie Kudron. There were beautiful poinsettias on the tables for a drawing at the end of the dinner with Taylene and Anthony Faulkenberry, Mischaele Bearce and Crystal Gonzalez winning the flowers.
• Sorry to hear that the East Lynne Baptist Church pastor, Mark Turvaville, and his wife Christy are moving to Oklahoma now, so the church will start their process of looking for a new preacher. We wish the Turvaville family best wishes on their new journey.
• Diane Magness has started up a new Young Womens Bible Study last week with three ladies present. Those who attended were Sara Carr, Crystal Gonzalez and MaryAnn Tribble. The bible study starts at 7 p.m. Thursdays and is for any ladies who would like to come.
• East Lynne School went down to work the Kansas City Recue Mission on Dec. 3. The staff supplied the personal products along with food and asked the East Lynne Fire Department if they would like to participate in this. The fire members supplied a lot of canned goods, clothing, etc.
• Happy birthday to Madison Mitchell, Shane McConnell, Madison Barnes, Trisha Dinges, Denniele Bohannon, Jade Jarvis, Breanna Dedrick, Korben Coose, Hannah Roth, Lindsey Grinisley, Mackenzie Willis, Shanda Dyke, Preston Vasser, Dallas Moore, and Casey Click.
• Happy anniversary to Dana and Garry Worley and Julie and Rodney Richter.
By Nina Kemper
• Senior Citizen Bingo will be Tuesday, Dec. 11, at Freeman Community Club. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and lunch is served about noon, followed by bingo. Prizes galore and lots of fellowship and fun. Everything is free, courtesy of Benchmark of Harrisonville.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13. Everyone welcome.
• There will be a Christmas Candlelight Service from 6 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at Freeman Baptist Church. Everyone welcome.
• The Freeman Presbyterian Church will have special services all through the Advent Season. See the web site www.freemanpresbyterian.org for more information. Everyone always welcome.
• The Freeman Presbyterian Church will have the annual Candlelight Christmas Eve Service at 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 24. Everyone welcome.
• The Annual Christmas Lighting by the Freeman Community Club on Dec. 2 was a big success. The night started off with music provided by Tracy Smiths group. The men of the club had a bonfire going on Main Street to roast hot dogs and sit and visit. Hayrides also were given. Inside the club building, the kids could visit with Santa and have their pictures taken and enjoy some cookies, hot chocolate, etc.
• Congratulations to the Lady Vikings basketball team for taking second place in the WEMO conference tournament and to the boys for winning consolation
• Congratulations to Ty Eckhoff for a great gymnastics meet Dec. 1. Ty won third all around, second on floor, third on bars, seventh on beam and eleventh on vault. This was Tys first meet as level three.
• There was a service for the Hanging of the Greens at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Dec. 2. There were a lot of Christmas Carols sung and scriptures read and then the Lighting of the Candle of Hope. Larry Parker was the leader, along with Pastor Ilona Buzick, and others assisting were Rex, Kandice and Alex Eckhoff; Dan Manning and Awnee Henness read scriptures; Carol and George Gurnett led the lighting of the Advent Candle; Dick and LaVeta Sanders placed the poinsettias; the children of Sunday School rang the bells; David Ullery for the music; and the congregation helped decorate the tree.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Dec. 8 - Glen Hunt; Dec. 10 - Gina Eberle, Gabby Buck and Laura Kirschner; Dec. 11 - Mickey Hedrick and Rex Eckhoff; Dec. 12 - LaDonna Prettyman; Dec. 13 - Marcie Sanders; Dec. 14 - Ann Elaine Snelling; Dec. 15 - Nancy Schmoll.
• Anniversary wishes go to Jim and Judy Bidwell on Dec. 10.
By Gail Lyon
• The West Line Church will fix cheer plates for the elderly and shut-ins at 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8. Donnie will start practice with the kids for the Christmas program. Dec. 2 was the first Advent Sunday. Barth lit the first candle, which was one of the purple ones.
• We have a beautiful Christmas sign at the south entrance of town. Thanks to those responsible for it
• Happy Birthday: Tom Bailey 9th, Daniel Goddard 11th, Darrel Goddard, Bryan Irvin 12th, Robert Cherry, Josephine Mathews 13th.