Friday, Dec. 14, 2012
Dec. 14 Community News & Notes
By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had one medical call for the week. Board meeting scheduled for Dec. 10 got postponed until Dec. 11.
• For East Lynne School news, Tuesday, Dec. 18, the Quiz Bowl meeting will be announced at a later date. Dare graduation is scheduled from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18, in the school gym. From 4 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 19, there will be a Drama Christmas party. There will be no school starting Monday, Dec. 24, through Monday, Jan. 7, 2013. School will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013.
• East Lynne School staff traveled to Kansas City on Dec. 3 to work at the Kansas City Rescue Mission for their Christmas celebration. They all enjoyed lunch together at Mannys.
• East Lynne Assembly of God had its annual Womens Christmas party Dec. 4 with 18 ladies present and two children. We had a lot of great food and, as always, the Christmas ornament game with a few chosen ladies all wanting the same ornament. This was all in fun and love. Shelle Johnson setup her display of home-made jewelry to sell for Christmas presents.
• Happy birthday to Lyniah Guggisberg, Nicole Bridges, Norma Cameron, Steven Dark, Dee Krapes-OConnell, Darren Cusick, Wyatt Wells, Bobbie Gregg, Sam Kudron, Nick Wray, Spencer Morgan, Connie Wright, Jacqueline Akins, Tara Mefford, Molly Magness, Natalie Stock, Josh Louiselle, Robert Simpson Jr., Mark Kirk, Kandice Ike, Michele Smalley, and Amanda Burns.
• Happy anniversary to Taylene and Terry Faulkenberry and Richard and Priscilla Hamilin.
• Congratulations to Larry and Sandee Golden (East Lynne Kindergarten teacher) on celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary.
By Nina Kemper
• The Walmart Retirees will meet at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18, at Diamond Rays. If you retired from Walmart or were a long-time associate, please join this group.
• The Christmas Candlelight Service will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at Freeman Baptist Church. Everyone is welcome.
• There will be no Community Club breakfast this month. Well be back in January.
• The Freeman Presbyterian Church will have its annual Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at 7 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• Norvell and Nina Kemper went to Gabby Bucks Christmas program on Dec. 6. On Dec. 8, the Kempers went to Lees Summit North High School to watch the wrestling tournament that their grandson, Jared Allnutt, was in. Jared took fourth place in his weight class.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Dec. 15 - Nancy Schmoll; Dec. 16 - Kay Terry, Travis Lee, and Elyse Potts; Dec. 17 - Logan Stephens and Jaxen Daily; Dec. 18 - Marsha Ogden; Dec. 19 - Norman Clark; Dec. 20 - Steve Tallman and Keely Hammontree; Dec. 21 - Linda Carroll; Dec. 22 - Lorie Blackwell, Shirley Merrifield, and Debra Smith.
• Anniversary wishes go to Toby and Loretta Wiseman and Steve and Diane Coble on Dec. 22.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church is preparing for its Christmas program. Donnie and Alicia Whitcraft are in charge again this year. We welcome everyone to come.
• Nathan, Abby and Emma came to visit Grandma Gail on Dec. 9.
• I would like to take this time to thank the ladies of the West Line Church for the Cheer Plates they deliver to the shut-ins and elderly. There is a lot of work goes into this project. They have to bake and purchase things, they take a Saturday to put them all together, and then they deliver them.
• Our prayers go out to Ed and Carly Kinney from Cleveland. Ed is recovering from heart surgery.
• Happy Birthday: Gene Goddard 18th, Phyllis Mathews, Shane Mercer 20th.