Friday, Dec. 28, 2012
Dec. 28 Community News & Notes
By Mischaele Bearce
• I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and pray that everyone will have a safe New Years celebration.
• Our sympathy goes out to Jackie Guggisberg. She and her husband Larry were on their way to see Donna in Clever when Jackie got the news that her mother Jeanne Braden had passed away.
• The East Lynne Fire Department had one medical on Christmas day.
• Dec. 23 services at the East Lynne Assembly of God church was packed with a beautiful message from which Cliff had read.
• I got the pleasure to keep Dustie Fall on Dec. 21. He has gotten so tall since last Christmas. It is such a joy for any of my daycare kids to just pop in and say hi over the years that I have watched them, and to see what they have done with their lives. Many are married now and starting their own families.
• Happy birthday to our daughter Crystal Gonzalez, who will turn 35 on Monday, Dec. 31.
By Nina Kemper
• The Freeman Cemetery Association will have its annual meeting at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013, at the Freeman Community Club. This is for anyone interested in the Freeman Cemetery.
• The Freeman Presbyterian Church is starting up another Womens Bible Study from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013. This is a Beth Moore study on Deuteronomy. Everyone is welcome. You do not need to be a member of the Presbyterian church to attend.
• Got strands of Christmas lights that dont work any more? The company at www.kcrecyclelights.com has set up drop stations at Mid-Continent Libraries and Walmart locations for your non-working Christmas lights. This program provides a work opportunity for hundreds of developmentally challenged people and keeps the lights out of landfills. You also can drop them off at Freeman Presbyterian Church until Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, and they will be taken to a drop station for you. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
• Elaine Sturm and Shelley Needham were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Dec. 23. Virginia Lee and Joyce Farr lit the Advent candles. Shelley Needham had Childrens Church and Ilona gave the Childrens Moment. Family night will be at 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 30, at the church beginning with a potluck supper.
• We, Nina and Norvell Kemper, have been enjoying our grandsons this weekend.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Dec. 30 - Derek Taylor; Dec. 31 Tyler Farr and John Mabary and Aiden Mickelson; Jan. 2 - Debbie Mincks, Dale Farr, Lindsey Burchett Long, Kelsey Thomas; Jan. 3 - Norvell Kemper and Eric Linder; Jan. 4 - Jason Kurzweil and Krosbie Smith; Jan. 5 - Pat Parrott.
• Anniversary wishes go to Kay and Phil Terry on Jan. 5, 2013.