By Nina Kemper
• The Freeman Cemetery Association will have its annual meeting at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, at the Freeman Community Club building. This is for anyone interested in the Freeman Cemetery.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10. This would be a good time to join the club.
• Senior Citizens Bingo will be Tuesday, Jan 8. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. This is in the Freeman Community Club building.
• The Walmart Retirees will meet at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 15, at Diamond Rays. If you retired from Walmart or were a long-time associate, please join this group.
• Gene and Donna Franse had their family Christmas Eve supper at the Freeman Community Club building. Those attending were: Gary and Sherry Brewster of Urich; Norman and Laura Lesmeister of Montrose; Tim and Diana Ford; Sean and Lea Fitzgerald and Katie, Chloe and Declan; Travis McGee and Samantha; Kayla McGee and friend Jonathon all from Harrisonville; Linda Kelly of Raymore and her grandchildren, Adriana and Parker Franse of Belton; Oran and Sondra Duggar and Lance and Abby; Tony McGee and Candace Krause and Elizabeth ad Dylan, Gage and Laney all from Butler; Ryan and Karrie Grimes and Ashley and Rachel of Archie; Michael Buerge of Climax Springs; and from Richlands, N.C., Marine Sgt. Justin and Cassie Linder and Maria and Ethan. Everyone had a good time visiting and with the gift exchange. Also ate too much, especially all the homemade candy and cookies.
• Christmas Day visitors at the home of Norvell and Nina Kemper were: Kim, Dan, Jared and Abby Allnutt, Warrensburg; Daniel Allnutt, Harrisonville; and Kay, Greg and Gabby Buck of Leawood, Kan.
• At the time of this writing, Donna Hobick is a patient at St. Joseph Medical Center. We wish her a speedy recovery.
• Some birthday next week include: Jan. 5 - Pat Parrott; Jan. 6 - Carole Gurnett, Judy Bidwell, and Ethan Roberts; Jan. 7 - Joe Bost, Peggy Irwin and Brandon Hayden; Jan Taylor Thompson and Carol Conrad; Jan. 9 - Kathy South; Jan. 10 - Swede Goddard and Dean Whitcraft; Jan. 11 - Jim Muchmore, Carrie Irvin and Kenlie Smith; Jan. 12 - Shelby Linder.
• Anniversary wishes go to Kay and Phil Terry on Jan. 5 and to Doris and Gene Goddard on Jan. 12.
By Gail Lyon
• The Next West Line Opry show will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, and the dance will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Jan 12.
• The West Line Christian Church had a very small crowd for Sunday school, but it picked up at Worship time. There were many prayer concerns for people with cancer and other illnesses. The Christmas Program was really a great one. Sunday, Jan. 6, will be a Basket Dinner. Pastor Barth and Kathy Smith bought the church a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas. This was very much needed. The ladies Aide had a meeting after church and discussed the old business and then passed around the list of programs so people could volunteer for what they wanted to take charge of. They also discussed about some outreaches in the community. Nothing was decided on just yet. They are also helping with the young girls group that Lois Starks and Holly Humbird is in charge of.
• I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
• Happy Birthday: Barbara Goddard, Rex Fugate 31st, Mary Jane Ullery, Cindy Adams, Bradley Mincks, Leroy Crook 1st, Jessica Kirby, Cameron Diddier 5th, Mary Fort, Mark Richardson, Ava Richardson 6th, Meryl Wooden 8th, Eric Sechrest, Dennis Lueker 9th.
• Happy Anniversary: Jim and Janet Vanordstrand 28th, Bill and Bobbie Miner 8th