Friday, Jan. 18, 2013
Jan. 18 Community News & Notes
By Nina Kemper
• We extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Donna Hobick. Donna died last week and her services were Jan. 13 at Mt. Moriah.
• We also extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Tony Mike Bower. He also died last week and services were Jan. 14.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its first breakfast of the year from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 26. There will be biscuits, gravy, sausage, pancakes and drinks. Always a good time to come and catch up with your neighbors and friends.
• So many in the community have had some type of the flu. We wish all of you a very quick recovery.
• There was a fundraiser dinner Jan. 12 at the Community Club for Debbie McVay. Debbie had been in a Houston hospital hoping to have surgery for an aneurysm. However, they were unable to do the surgery as it would be too dangerous. For more information or to make a donation, contact Jana Scofield at 816-618-3761.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Jan. 19 - Derek Davis; Jan. 20 - Christelle Porter; Jan. 23 - Hunter Oakes; Jan. 24 - Jeri Barnes and Killen Long; Jan. 25 - Lance Sanders; Jan. 26 - Randy Oakes, Bailey Scholl.
• Anniversary wishes go to Kim and Don Williams on Jan. 24.