By Mischaele Bearce
• I would like to thank all my friends, neighbors, church, and Log Cabin Quilters for the food, presents, flowers, and gifts while I was recovering from the Influzema B and pneumona. I ended up spending five days in the hospital and I am home now recovering with oxygen and a breathing machine. Everyday I am getting better. Praise God.
• I know the East Lynne Fire Department was pretty busy there right after the first of the year with several calls and then they had a scheduled board meeting.
• At East Lynne Assembly of God, we had a couple of guest speakers from Arkansas, Leon and Melissa Troyer. He did an awesome job ministering, singing to us and telling about his life.
• Lyndsay and Franklin Sims took Jamal and Josiah to Orlando, Fla., this past week to visit Franklins mother and sister. While in Orlando, they took the boys to Animal Kingdom and three other Kingdoms there. The boys were just so excited to be able to have so much fun.
• Whitney and Caleb Woolery went to St. Charles for three days to visit Whitneys parents and, while there, they visited the zoo. Caleb was amazed at how different and much better the St. Louis Zoo is.
• Happy belated birthday to Elaine Norman, Tommie Faulkenberry, Maxim Mitchell, Tristen Fair, David Hernandez, Lisa Akins, Sherry Morgan, Malynn Miller, Nathan Wright, Addilyn Engelhardt, Darlene James, Ciera Spangler, Mason Reece, Bennet Ripplinger, Max Ortiz, Warren Miller, Renoah Merritt, Wyatt Winter, Megan Richter, Max Schmoll, Vivian Hartzler¸Michelle Uselton, Cara Jo Weseman, Jim Holt, Andrew Arnold, Amy Shackleford, Jennifer Christiansen and Dakota Bettes.
• Happy anniversary to Donn and Sue Miller, Mark and Carrie Kirk, Marty and Donna Wilson, and Joan and Robert Cox.
By Nina Kemper
• The Freeman Community Club will have its first breakfast of 2013 from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 26. There will be sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes and drinks. Freewill donation. There will also be a 50/50 drawing. Everyone welcome.
• The Cass Midway Band is having a fundraiser Saturday, Feb. 2, at Midway School. They are raising funds for the Midway band trip to Dallas. Tickets are $5 each and can be purchased at the door or from any band member. It is from 4 to 9 p.m. and you will hear Soundwave, Riverguard, The White Rose Band, Cheap Thrills, and Tater and the Gravy Train. Concessions will be available for purchase.
• We extend our sympathy to the Randy and Laurie Oakes family. Randys grandfather, Buffalo, died Jan. 21.
• Ty and Alex Eckhoff were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church. Rev. Ilona Buzick had the Childrens Moment. Youth pastor, Dan Manning, read the scriptures. Alex Eckhoff and Hunter Oakes had Childrens Church. At 10 a.m.Wednesday mornings in Ilonas study, there will be a Womens Bible study. This is a Beth Moore study, Law of Love. You do not need to be a member of the church to attend. On Friday nights there is a Bible study on Acts at the home of George and Carole Gurnett. The first and third Sunday of each month there is a prayer service from 9:40 to 10 a.m.
• There is so much sickness in the area and we wish everyone a speedy recovery. Don Eberle was taken to the hospital Jan. 20.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Jan. 26 - Randy Oakes, Bailey Scholl; Jan. 27 - Darrell Williamson; Jan. 28 - Maurice Handy; Jan. 29 - Marge Naylor; Feb. 1 - Janae Lee, Sam Thomas, Natalie Parker, Randy Hawkins; Feb. 2 - Larry Parker.
• To have your news included in this article, call or email Nina Kemper at 816-250-2589 or email@example.com
By Gail Lyon
• Congratulation to James Robert and Ashley Kinney on their new baby boy born at 9:12 a.m. Jan. 20, 7 pounds, 7ounces, 19.5 inches long.
• It was a surprise birthday party for Hazel, she will turn 90 on Friday, Jan. 25. At the church Jan. 20, they served cake and ice cream in her honor.
• Happy Birthday: Angel Carver 24th, Hazel Wise 25th, Sharon January, Roger Wiltz 27th, Bryce Clary 29th, and Bonnie Richardson 30th.
• Happy Anniversary: Robin and Lena Mayes
• This was last week news: There was no church due to bad weather on Jan. 13. Kaye Seabaugh, Lois Young and Gail Lyon went to see a good friend, Virginia Hancock, instead of their usual weekly bible study. Virginia and her husband, Prentice, live in Pickering Place. When we were visiting Virginia we noticed someone down the sidewalk. It was someone we all new - Barbara Yardly. Well, we all sat and visited and ate snacks. It was such a good time.
• Happy Birthday: Jodie Whitcraft 18th, Brad Richardson, Justin, Ashlyn Busta 19th, Beth Davis, and Romaine Dennis 21st.
• Anniversary: Jim and Nora Evins 18th, George and Nita Cochran 20th.