By Mischaele Bearce
• The East Lynne Fire Department had two medicals for the week.
• Get well to Linda Cox who had foot surgery last week. She is home now recuperating.
• East Lynne School will have school pictures taken Wednesday, Feb. 20.
• Friday, Feb. 8, third-quarter Midterms go home.
• At 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, there will be a school board meeting.
• Thursday, Feb. 14, will be Valentines Day parties.
• Happy birthday to Alyssa Cleveland, Jacob Helm, Amy Johnson, Courtney Call, James Cotterman, Jason Gugguisberg, Mike Akins, Jacob Rushly, Kaitlyn Lloyd, Brittany Hayes,, Emily Walquist, Alex Rippinger, Lori Cotterman, Cary Weseman, Danny Johnson, Angel Switzer, Virginia King, Kalista Schroeder, David Carnes, Crystal Mefford, Athena Swanigan, Kholby Barnes, J. Cantrell, Chad Fair and Logan Woodruff.
• Happy anniversary to Gene and Shanda Dyke.
By Nina Kempe
• Remember the Cass Midway Band fundraiser from 4 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, at the Cass Midway gymnasium. They are raising funds for their trip to Dallas this spring. Tickets are $5 each and can be purchased at the door or from any band member. You will hear Soundwave, Rivergard (Dean Saul); White Rose Band (Angela Hansen); Tater and the Gravy Train (Patrick Irvin); and Cheap Thrills (Dana DeLynn, Dallas Lybarger and Donnie Lybarger). The concession stand will be open to purchase food.
• The Freeman Community Breakfast was well attended Jan. 26. The next one will be Saturday, Feb. 23.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 14, with a potluck supper. There will be chili, hot dogs and whatever other food people bring. The meeting will follow at 7 p.m. This is a good time to get started in the club. Dues are $10 per family.
• Congratulations to Michael Bailey and Ashley Youngblood on the birth of a son, Gunner Michael Bailey. Gunner was born Jan. 17 and weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces and was 18 inches long.
• Congratulations to Angel Needham and Aaron Lancaster on the birth of a son, Ezekiel Zeke Raiden Lancaster, on Jan. 27. Zeke weighed 7 pounds and was 18.5 inches long.
• Congratulations to the Cass Midway Lady Vikings on winning third place in the Archie Tournament.
• On Jan. 26, Nina and Norvell Kemper attended the Warrensburg wrestling tournament. Their grandson, Jared Allnutt, wrestled five times and won all five.
• James and Johnathan Carver were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Jan. 27. Youth Director Dan Manninng had the Childrens Moment. Keith Cook and Michael Oakes had Childrens Church.
• Gloria Chenoweth is having problems getting a leg wound to heal and is going to the wound center at Cass Regional. Don Eberle was taken to Cass Regional where he is recovering from pneumonia. Several others in the community are suffering from the flu. We wish all a speedy recovery.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Feb. 2 - Larry Parker; Feb. 3 - Nicole Sanders; Feb. 4 - Dennis Ullery; Feb. 5 - Scott Sanders; Feb. 6 - Abby Allnutt; Feb. 7 - Dalton Hayden and Chloe Daily; Feb. 8 - Velma Fletcher and Austin Vannordstrand; Feb. 9 - Rita Taylor and Jerry Parker.
• Anniversary wishes go to John and Linda Weiss and Jan and Lee Gaddy on Feb. 6.
By Gail Lyon
• The annual meeting of the Glenwild Cemetery Association will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 10, at the West Line community building. Everyone interested in the cemetery is invited to attend.
• The Richardsons had their monthly dinner for January. The children played three games of bingo. They won some very cool things. Everyone had a wonderful time eating and talking about old times. My grandkids Nathan, Abby and Emma got to come for the dinner, which made me very happy.
• Jan. 26, Bill and Bobbie Miner took Robert and Lois Young to Butler to watch their grandson Derek Miner play basketball. After the game, they drove back to Adrian to help Derek celebrate his eighth birthday. It was a really neat party had by his family Landon, Angela, Delana and Dathan. His mother made him a special cake with an MU theme. It was a beautiful day and even some of the grownups went outside and played games.
• Happy Birthday: Landon Miner, Jeromy Adams, Brandi Barrett, Sheri Davis 7th.