By Mischaele Bearce
• The East Lynne Fire Department had a car fire and four medicals for the week. At 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 11, will be Board meeting. Also on Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 12, will be major cleaning for the Cass County Firefighters Association meeting Wednesday, Feb. 13.
• School pictures will be taken Wednesday, Feb. 20.
• School Board meeting will be Tuesday, Feb. 12, in the library.
• The school will celebrate the 100th day of school with several activities on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
• There will be field trips for grades 4th, 5th and 6th on Friday, Feb. 15, to go see Number of Stars.
• Principal Honor Roll for 3.5-4.0, 8th grade: Selena Cearley, Jared Crews, Breanna Curtis, Vivian Hartzler, Paige Johnson, Nathan Kreimeyer, Andrea Pinaire, Amanda and Ashleigh Rushly, Colton Slayden, Kaylie Torrence, and Julia Yoder. 7th: Brooklyn Airrington, Jon Cearley, Chrysalin Martin, Jessica Shaw, Kelly Shea, Trey Stone, Alyssa Whistle, Hannah Wilson, and Ryan Wilson. 6th: Sam East¸ Hannah Kreimeyer, Hannah Parmenter, and Paige Zieman. 5th: Carson Ervin, Matthew Hasenyager, Addy Howser, Clint Howser, Morgan Miller, Olivia Richey, Keigan Rowe, and Courtney Wilson.
• Bobbi Jo Archer, Harry and Mary Hartzler took a group of 19 teenagers from East Lynne Assembly of God to a nationally-known youth convention called Acquire The Fire Feb. 2-3. It was at Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City. They joined more than 2,000 other teens in worship led by Teen Manias School of Worship, were challenged by speakers like Mike Gizzardo and Ron Luce, and followed a drama that continued throughout the weekend.
• Happy birthday to Virginia King, Kalista Schroedr, David Carnes, Crystal Mefford, Athena Swanigan, George Locke, Gage Scott, Audrey Christoffel, Duchess Wall, Audrey Kiefer, Logan Magness, Vickie Casey, Jeffrey Breiver, Keigan Rowe, Cyndi Ramage, Roy Sparks, June Dooley, Elizabeth Call, Kathy Smalley, Dustin Keyton Blaine, Coleman Corson, Kyle Fiore, and Alyssa Davis.
• Happy anniversary to J. and Nancy Cantrell.
By Nina Kemper
• The South 71 Phantoms baseball team is having a sweethearts breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, (tomorrow) at the West Line community building. Andrew Evins works with this team.
• Senior Citizen Bingo will be Tuesday, Feb. 12, at Freeman Community Club. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. for a free lunch before Bingo. All senior citizens are invited.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly meeting Thursday, Feb. 14. This month, there will be a potluck/chili/hot dog supper at 6 p.m. The meeting will follow at approximately 7 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• There will be a Valentines party 10-11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 10, at Freeman Baptist Church. Children ages 5 to 12 are invited to the party, which will feature a bible lesson, games, songs, prizes and treats. Children may bring Valentines Day cards to exchange. Parents are always welcome. Contact Darlene at 816-250-2186.
• We extend our sympathy to Larry and Carol Ann Parker on the death of Larrys brother-in-law.
• Ben Madison was the candle lighter at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Feb. 3. Rev. Ilona Buzick had the Childrens Moment and Shelley Needham and Awnee Henness had Childrens Church. At 9 a.m., the men of the church prepared a wonderful breakfast for everyone. Ilona had a wonderful service and a lot of it was geared towards the youth. She also used our new donated PowerPoint to show some pictures of different members of the congregation when they were younger and the youth tried to guess who they were. Ilona also has planned some wonderful Bible studies and Lenten services and everyone is invited to attend. At 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, there will be an Ash Wednesday service. From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, there will be a prayer vigil. Wednesday, Feb. 20, the Lenten Study Who is the Man? is a five-week DVD and discussion series featuring Dr. John Ortberg. Everyone is welcome to attend any or all of these.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Feb. 9 - Rita Taylor and Jerry Parker; Feb. 10 - Dan Allnutt and Jerry Semsch; Feb. 11 - Bambi Turk and Ann Sinclair; Feb. 14 - Sue Click; Feb. 15 - Troy Terry; Feb. 16 - Rev. Dave Irwin, Linda Kurzweil, DeAnn Wolfe and Kim Vanderford.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church had a full crowd Feb. 3 and had the monthly Basket Dinner. Remember to pray for those mentioned at prayer time; God knows who they are. Also, people are being sought after to perform in the Easter program. West Line Church will be playing host to the Easter Sunrise Service this year. There will be more information in the future. All of the churches in the community are coming together in different ways.
• Glenwild Cemetery Associations annual meeting will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 10, at the West Line community building. Everyone interested in the cemetery is invited to attend.
• Jon and Kaye Seabaugh traveled to Houston, Texas, last week to visit Linda, Jons sister. She was not able to come for Christmas. They also took two of their great-granddaughters with them and took a day and visited Galveston, Texas, to see the ocean. They all had a good time.
• Happy Birthday: Donnie Lyon, Linda Hager 8th, Jim Arnett, Leigh Ann Starks 9th, and Blake Mincks 10th.
• Happy Anniversary: Steve and Della Bailey 8th.