By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department was really busy last week. Feb. 11 was Board, Feb. 12 was maintenance with cleaning up for Feb. 13 Cass County Firefighter Association meeting at our station. Those departments presents were Adrian, East Lynne/Gunn City, Creighton, Peculiar, Dolan West Dolan, Drexel and South Metro with a total of 17 for the meeting. Doug Cantron and Theresa Hensley were the guest speakers and did an awesome job talking about what to do and not to do on a crime scene, and then touching base on the paperwork for our records and the attorneys records in case it goes to work. Thanks to Jackie Groblebe and Jeannie Davis on the four pots of chili. Our firefighters who attended this meeting were Mike Davis, Troy Faulkenberry, John and Mischaele Bearce, Jeannie Davis and Jackie Groblebe. Door prizes were: fire flashlight won by Ed Smit and a Major Saver Card won by Randy Powell, the 50/50 pot was won by Gary Dizney, fire chief of Adrian.
• There were three medicals for the week.
• AT&T and Western Electric retirees have changed their meeting place from Wendys to Hardees in Harrisonville. It remains at 9 a.m. the first Monday of each month. Everyone that worked at either Western Electric or AT&T will be welcome. Come see your old friends and enjoy making new ones.
• Happy birthday to Jess Smalley, Joseph Crostley, Billy Weatherman, Blake Powell, Jon Cearly, Mike Warren, Sydney Lamborn, Kennedy Smalley, Nancy Cantrell, Nancy Lawson, Anthony Harralson, Kyah Rowe, Anthony Faulkenberry Brysen Kern, Janet Daniels, Gayle Schmoll and Larry Guggisberg.
By Nina Kemper
• Freeman Community Club breakfast will be Saturday, Feb. 23. 50/50; sausage, pancakes, biscuits, gravy and drinks will be served. Everyone welcome. Freewill donation.
• Congratulations to Lorie Sturm Blackwell for being named employee of the month where she works in Georgia.
• Glendon Ullery had brain surgery last week and came home Feb. 18.
• We extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Chrystal Hayes of Pleasant Hill. Chrystal died Feb. 14 and services were Feb. 19.
• Ben Ardrey and Charlee Schilb and Ty Eckhoff were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Feb. 17. Natalie Ardrey had the Childrens Moment and LaVeta Sanders and Hunter Oakes had Childrens Church. The church had a prayer vigil Feb. 16 and there was a good turnout for that. Sunday, March 3, there will be a fund-raiser breakfast for A2J. They will be fixing Omelets in a Bag. There will be a basket for donations for A2J.
• Get well wishes go to so many in the community who have the flu. This has really been bad on a lot of people.
• We, Norvell and Nina Kemper, spent Feb. 14-16 glued to the computer watching the live stream of Missouri State Wrestling Tournament in Columbia. Our grandson, Jared Allnutt, was there wrestling. Warrensburg took six boys to the tournament and all six boys placed. Jared took fifth place in the 160-pound class. The team also took home the fourth place team trophy.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Feb. 23 - Barbara Simpson; Feb. 24 - Martina Taylor; Feb. 25 - Elliott Madison, Becky Pfeifer, Bill McIntyre; Feb. 26 - Natalie Ardrey; Feb. 27 - Stanley Porter, Mikayla Blackwell, Jim Fannan; Feb. 28 - Matthew Connally, Susan Lawrence; March 1 - Nick Eckhoff, Bob Mueller, Michala Wachter and Blake Guier.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: Feb. 23 - Mark and Kristin Hill; Feb. 25 - Debbie and Richard Francy; and March 2 - Monti and Sherri Wachter.
By Gail Lyon
• The West Line Church board is working on expanding the fellowship area and a new kitchen. The church is blessed with a lot of faithful people. There will be a Womens meeting Sunday, Feb. 24, after church. Easter Sunrise Service and program will be Sunday, March 31; Cass Midway Baccalaureate will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 5, at Midway school; Womens Retreat will be Saturday, June 8; and VBS will be in July.
• Tim brought Nathan, Abby, and Emma to visit me on Feb. 16 and 17. They went to the movies Saturday night.
• Happy Birthday: Josh Barrett, Ila Chastain 24th, Isabelle Richardson, Orpha Prettyman, Christine Whitcraft 26th.