• Happy Birthday: Richard Freidline, March 9.
By Mischaele Bearce
• The East Lynne Fire Department will have its board meeting at 7 p.m. Monday, March 11, at the fire station. There was one call for the week.
• Congratulations to Abbie and Boyd Engelhardt on the birth of a son March 4. Kennen Max made his arrival at 8:09 a.m. and weighed 8 pounds, 8 ounces and was 19.5 long.
• Sympathy goes out to the family of Catherine Harper (Bearce), who died March 2 at her home in Harrisonville.
• Sympathy goes out to Armando and Crystal Gonzales on the death of Armandos father, Armando, Sr., who lives in Mexico.
• Saturday, March 9, is Daylight Saving time, so be sure to turn your clocks forward one hour.
• East Lynne School board meeting will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 12.
• Basketball tournaments start the week of March 11. They will be 4:30-9:30 p.m. each day.
• Spring program will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 21.
• Regular honor roll with a GPA of 3.0-3.4999 is 8th grade: Bailey Dehues, Miranda Ferguson, Kelsey Helm, Janalynn Osborne, Melanie Riggs, Colton Scott, Blaine Sexton and Austin Wheeler. 7th:Rylee Dehues, Hailey Mahoney, Bailey Miller, Hannah Whitehead. 6th Tyler Clifton, Tanner Cotterman, Collin Feagley, Brandon Lane, Tara Mefford, Savannah Miller, Jack Stone, Kenady Taylor, Ethan Worsley. 5th: Samantha Cahill, Micheala, MaGuffee, Angel Switzer, Meadow Vassar and Nevaeh Walton.
By Nina Kemper
• The Freeman Community Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 14. Everyone welcome.
• Senior Citizen Bingo will be Tuesday, March 12, at Freeman Community Club. There is a free lunch followed by Bingo. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Bring a white elephant gift.
• From 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 23, there will be a 90th birthday celebration for Anna Lee Davenport at Freeman Baptist Church. No gifts please. This is being given by her family.
• Kindergarten Round-Up for children that will be 5 years old before Aug. 1, 2013, and live in the Midway School District will be 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 3. Please call Carol Irvin at 816-250-2994 so we can add your child to the kindergarten list. Round-Up invitations will be sent out once we have your child on our list.
• Abby Madison was the candle lighter at Freeman Presbyterian Church on March 3. Rev. Buzick had the Childrens Moment. Keith Cook had Childrens Church. Awnee Henness read the scriptures. There are a lot of activities going on during Lent.
• Im sorry there was no Freeman news last week. My husband was taken by ambulance at about 2 a.m. Feb. 25 to Menorah Medical Center. His pulse has always been very low and it was too low this time. By noon, they were putting in a pacemaker and he is doing great now.
• I hope that everyone made it through all of the last couple of snow storms. I know a lot of people were without power. A big thank you to Osage Valley Electric for getting it back on as quickly as possible.
• Some birthdays for next week include: March 10 - Wanda McCartney and Kay Buck; March 11 - Chayton Porter; March 12 - Terri Francy and Deana Fleming; March 13 - Caitlyn Eberle and Gloria Pippin; March 14 - Donna Farr; March 15 - Keith Ritchey, Lou Baer and Laura Stiles; March 16 - Philip Hamner.
• Anniversary wishes go to Ben and Velma Fletcher on March 16.
By Gail Lyon
• The West Line Christian Church will be enlarging its fellowship hall. Everyone is so excited. We are just growing right now and it is very important to have room for growth.
• The West Line Church will have the Easter Sunrise Service this year. Sunrise Service and program will be Sunday, March 31; Cass Midway Baccalaureate will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 5, at Midway; Womens Retreat will be Saturday, June 8; and VBS will be in July.
• I went to Harrisonville on March 2 and visited my grandkids. They came home with me and we just hung out at my house. Next day, the girls went to church with me and then we came home and their dad came. He and Nathan went to the woods. They went home in the afternoon. Abby had a program March 5 and I attended.
• Sorry about the news last week. I had the flu. I was out of work for three days. Still have a cough but feeling much better.
• Robert and Lois Young had a birthday/Valentines party for their family last week.
• Happy Birthday: John Richardson 1st, John Ullery, Nathaniel Baley 5th, Barry Lyon 6th, Ed Starks 7th, Gregg Huff, Carla Lyon 8th, Chloris Richardson, Rick Hager 9th, Charlie Graham, Damien Goddard 10th, Eddie Irvin 11th, Tyler Lyon, Ryleigh Busta 12th, Debbie Hargis 13th, and Donna Farr 14th.