By Mischaele Bearce
• The East Lynne Fire Department was very busy last week with five calls. The board meeting was canceled until Tuesday, March 19, and there will be several training days coming up.
• East Lynne Elementary will have a Kindergarten Screening and Round-Up on Friday, April 12. Parents with children who will be 5 before Thursday, Aug. 1, may call the school at 816-626-3511 to schedule an appointment. We will begin at 9 a.m. with the last appointment at 3 p.m. The following items are required for enrollment: childs state certified birth certificate, childs current immunization record, childs social security card, legal proof of custody in special circumstances and Missouri eye examination form.
• Music Contest score: 7th grade: Kelly Shea, Baritone 1-, Ryan Wilson, Trumpet 1-, Daisy Reeves, Clarinet 11-, Chrysalin Martin, Trumpet 1, Rylee DeHues, Flute 1-, Alyssa Whistle, Flute 1-, 8th grade: Bailey DeHues, Saxophone 1-, Breanna Curtis, Trumpet 11-, and Julia Yoder, Flute 1. 7th and 8th Band score was 1-.
• Monday, March 18, will be a make up date due to snow.
• Thursday, March 21, will be the Spring Program.
• Down at the school parking lot on the north side are new recycling bins. They take everything this time except for trash. Newspaper, cardboard, magazines, telephone books, plastic and glass.
• Happy birthday Jennifer Barnes, Carlee Poole, Charlotte Terrell, Emily Miller, Cody Reece, Meadow Vasser, Jordan Sims, Cora Fall, Jerry Tribble, Allie Roth, Monica Dabbs, Bethany Roth, Erikka Worley, Daisey Reaves, Cailten Cox, Jennifer Wright, John Trainer, Blake Daniel, and Jessica Wray.
• Happy anniversary to Chad and Emma Culpepper.
By Nina Kemper
• The Walmart Retirees will meet at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 19, at Diamond Rays. If you retired from Walmart or were a long-time associate, please join this group.
• There will be a 90th birthday celebration for Anna Lee Davenport from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 23, at Freeman Baptist Church. No gifts please. This is being given by her family.
• Congratulations to Abby Madison and Autumn Eason on taking first place in the math club competition last week.
• We extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Willis Lee. Willis died last week and services were March 9.
• James and Johnathan Carver were the candle lighters at the church on March 10. Elaine Sturm had the Childrens Moment and Shelley and Thomas Needham had Childrens Church. Following the worship service, Laurin Carver served cake and ice cream in celebration of James Carver IIIs sixth birthday.
• Some birthdays for next week include: March 17 - Gage Eberle, Sheryl Scholl; March 18 - Caren Renner; March 19 - Lanna Gaines; March 20 - Dorothy Peoples, Sheri Kurzweil; March 21 - Dee Bergstrand; March 22 - Audrey Zoog, Aaron Seabaugh.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: March 16 - Ben and Velma Fletcher; March 20 - George and Carole Gurnett; March 23 - Kent and Cherry Mickelson and the Franses.
By Gail Lyon
• The West Line Christian Church will have the Community Easter Sunrise Service at 6 a.m. The Easter Program will be at 10:30 a.m. Cass Midway Baccalaureate will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 5, in the little gym. Womens Retreat will be Saturday, June 8, and VBS is right around the corner.
• Jenny Goddard had a birthday party for her son, Damien Goddard. He turned nine. His dad is the late Michael Clary. Lots of family and friends attended and enjoyed hotdogs, cheese dip, cake and ice cream. Grandma Carla and Grandpa Barry Lyon made his cake. It was a penguin because Damien loves penguins.
• If you have a child that will be 5 years old before Thursday, Aug. 1, and lives in the Midway School District, please call Carol Irvin at 816-250-2994 by Monday, Feb. 25, so we can add your child to the kindergarten list. Round-up will be 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 3. Invitations will be sent out once we have your child on our list.
• Happy Birthday: Sondra Odell, Rhonda Kuntz 15th, Zachory Lane, Lane Kraft 16th, Travis Nelson 17th, Caren Renner 18th, Patricia Busta 19th, Terri Richardson 21st.