By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had two calls for the week. We took a Fire Investigation with Randy Powers on the Criminal Side of Law and Fire Investigation last week. Randy is from South Metro and West Peculiar Fire departments. This was really an interesting class as to arson or an accidental fire. Those who attended were James Cotterman, John and Mischaele Bearce, Nathan Wright, Connie Kudron, Jackie and Bryan Groblebe, Sheryl Greene, Karen Steele, Nicole Stanton, Mike Davis and Terry Faulkenberry.
• East Lynne School will have an Easter Egg Hunt 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, March 23. Due to the weather coming in, it possibly could be inside. This is for grades Pre-K-4th.
• Spring Break will start next week. There will be no school all of next week, but will resume the following Monday, April 1. There also will be make up days on Monday, April 8 and 15.
• Once again, East Lynne School will have a Kindergarten Screening and Round-Up on Friday, April 12. Parents with children who will be 5 before Thursday, Aug. 1, may call the school at 816-626-3511 to schedule an appointment. We will begin at 9 a.m. with the last appointment at 3 p.m. The following items are required for enrollment: childs state certified birth certificate, childs current immunization record, childs social security card, legal proof of custody in special circumstances and Missouri eye examination form.
• Assembly of God Church in East Lynne will have a special service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, March 24, for the celebration of Cliff and Donna Woolery being ministers of the church for 20 years.
• Happy birthday to Jasmine Davis, Sam Uselton, Dawson Ford, Lee Lawson, Tim Martin, Sierna Keyton, Nancy and John Call, Hagen Stevenson, Dustie Rexwinkle, Jon Stevenson, Brittany Weatherman, Elaine Helprey, Casey Hyatt, Tyler Kudron, Harry Hartzler and Lauren Wright.
• Happy anniversary to Kim and Josh Zumwalt.
• East Lynne December students of the month were: Samuel Pinaire, sixth; Meadow Vasser, fifth; Libby East and Ian Stansberry, both fourth.
By Nina Kemper
• The Walmart Retirees will met March 19 at Diamond Rays at Mill-Walk Mall. If you retired from Walmart or were a long-time associate, please join this group.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly breakfast 8-10 a.m. Saturday, March 30. There will be sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes and drinks. Free will donation.
• The Senior Citizen Bingo was March 12. 25 people were in attendance plus five guests and three helpers. Everyone enjoyed the wonderful lunch. Bingo followed. Benchmark is no longer furnishing bingo prizes so everyone is encouraged to bring a white elephant gift. They had a lot of fun with them this time. Linda Sickles won the door prize. The next Senior Citizen Bingo will be Tuesday, April 9. Doors open at 11:30 a.m.
• The Community Easter Sunrise Service will be at 6 a.m. Sunday, March 31, at West Line Christian Church. Everyone welcome.
• The Freeman Community Club Easter Egg hunt will be Saturday, March 30. The Easter Bunny arrives at 12:30 p.m. and the egg hunt starts promptly at 1 p.m. This is for ages 0-10 years. This will be at Freeman City Park.
• The Freeman Community Club met at 7 p.m. March 14 with president Gwen Eason calling the meeting to order. Linda Weiss led the pledge to the flag. The club has kitchen trash bags (white) and the large yellow bags for sale for $8 each. Contact any club member. Gwen Eason will clean the building for this month. Also a reminder to Midway seniors that your scholarship application from the Community Club must be turned into the school counselor by Monday, April 1.
• Ty Eckhoff and her friend Mallory were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church March 17. Natalie Ardrey had the Childrens Moment and Keith Cook, Alex Eckhoff and Kyle Salisbury had Childrens Church. Maundy Thursday services will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 28, at Freeman Presbyterian Church.
• Some birthdays for next week include: March 24 - Jordan Zenoor and Zina Holt; March 25 - Jill Smith and David Irwin; March 27- Venessa Lee, Joe Rodier; March 28 - Michelle Whalen Agriesti; March 29 - Mike Whalen; and March 30 - Jordan Roberts, Rayghan Williams.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: March 23 - Gene and Donna Franse and Kent and Cherry Mickelson; March 29 - John and Melinda Eads.
By Gail Lyon
• The West Line Christian Church was surprised with some St. Patricks Day cookies from Nancy Danner. They were delicious. Once again, church was full at worship time. This is what is coming up in the next few weeks. The West Line Christian Church will have the Community Easter Sunrise Service at 6 a.m. The Easter Program will be at 10:30 a.m. Cass Midway Baccalaureate will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 5, in the little gym. Womens Retreat will be Saturday, June 8, and VBS is right around the corner. The men of WLCC have also decided to cook and serve breakfast after Sunrise service. Thanks, men.
• Tim brought Nathan, Abby and Emma over to spend the night with their Grandma Gail. I and the girls attended Sunday school. After church, Brandi Barrett and Lexi came and got Abby and Emma to play with Logan Barrett and Brandi and Donna fixed dinner for her son, Travis Nelson, whose birthday was March 17. She fixed chicken and noodles and had cherry cheesecake for dessert. I went down later; everything was delicious.
• Happy Birthday: Aaron Seabaugh 22nd, Tammy Brown 24th, Autumn Seabaugh 25th.
• Happy Anniversary: Mitchell and Karen Cochran 22nd, James and Twila Dryer 24th.