By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had a medical and a fire alarm sounding but was a false alarm. The board meeting last week was attended by Terry Faulkenberry, Cyndi Ramage, Max Schmoll, Howard Raffurty, Connie Kudron, Jackie Groblebe, and Mischaele Bearce. We welcome a new member, Bob Brunner, to our department on a trial basis. The next board meeting will be Tuesday, April 9. CPR class this week will be taught by Chuck Kagarice.
• East Lynne School is out on spring break this week. School will resume on Monday, April 1. This will be another make-up snow day.
• East Lynne Assembly of God was canceled March 24 due to the weather. We will be doing the 20th year celebration of Donna and Cliff Woolery on Sunday, April 7.
• Happy birthday to Joel Heavin, Taylor Watson, Lance Gregg, Randa Bailey, Justin Sims, Bailey Whitehead, Zachery Hochhalter, Rylie Christiansen, Brittany Riely, Sarah Roth, Mildred James, Sharon Wright, Xavier Johnson, Judy Gentry, Lincoln Lawson, Charley Jeu Devine, Trent Martin, Carson Case, Mikayla Myler, Paige Zieman, Shelly Kreimeyer, Thomas Rushly, Jessica Shook, and Lori Hernandez.
• Happy anniversary to Kathy and Larry Smalley, Tommie and Lisa Faulkenberry, John and Heather Stuby, and Terry and Taylene Faulkenberry.
• Dont forget to go to vote Tuesday, April 2.
By Nina Kemper
• Tomorrow, March 30, the Freeman Community Club will have the regular monthly breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. There will be pancakes, biscuits, gravy, sausage and drinks. Good food and good fellowship. Freewill donation.
• Also tomorrow, March 30, will be the Freeman Community Club annual Easter Egg Hunt. This is scheduled to be at City Park but will possibly be moved to the Community Club building depending on the weather. The park may just be too wet and muddy. There will be signs or possibly someone there to tell you. The Easter bunny will arrive at 12:30 p.m. and the hunt begins at 1 p.m. This is for ages 0 - 10 years. Hope to see you there.
• Clean-up Day at Freeman Cemetery has been set for 8 a.m. Saturday, April 6. This is a reminder that all flowers will be removed, so if you have something you want to keep, please pick it up before that date. They also will be trimming trees, etc., and just cleaning up and, of course, they could use you to help.
• Easter Community Sunrise Service will be at 6 a.m. at West Line Christian Church this year. Each of the other churches will have a part in the service. Everyone welcome.
• Senior Citizen Bingo will be Tuesday, April 9, with the doors opening at 11:30 a.m., followed by a free lunch and then bingo. Dont forget to bring your white elephant gift for prizes.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 11. Everyone welcome.
• Services at most of the churches were canceled last week due to the weather.
• Some birthdays for next week include: March 30 - Jordan Roberts, Rayghan Williams; April 1 - Allyson Doyle; April 3 - Awnee Henness, Dennis Norman and Tom Prettyman; April 4 - Mason Gaddie, Barbara Brown; April 5 - Eric Farr and Tony Livingston; April 6 - Jerod Mickelson, Jacob Honeycutt.
By Gail Lyon
• It was Palm Sunday but there were not many churches celebrating it. Sunday, March 31, is Easter. West Line Christian Church will have the Community Easter Sunrise Service at 6 a.m. The Easter Program will be at 10:30 a.m. Cass Midway Baccalaureate will be in the little gym at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 5. Womens Retreat will be Saturday, June 8 and VBS is right around the corner. The men of WLCC also have decided to cook and serve breakfast after Sunrise service. Thanks men.
• March 23, Jenny Welch took Naomi Cook, Kaye Seabaugh and Lois Young to Princeton, Kan., to attend their Womens Retreat. Their theme was Your Treasure Chest. It was a very nice program and had a delicious lunch of soup and desserts. The ladies returned early so they could attend the 90th birthday celebration for Anna Lee Davenport. There was a huge turnout to help this wonderful lady celebrate.
• Robert and Lois Young feel really blessed to have such a great family and special friends. Jimmy Kuntz, Taylor, Trevor and Tanner came March 24 and cleaned off their car, walks, and, yes, their satellite dish. Romaine Dennis cleaned their driveways so they could get out for their appointments. A great big thank you for them.
• Our prayers go out to Ruth Young and her family. Her granddaughter Leah and her father Donald Rice have not been found yet after their jump from the Kit Bond Bridge on March 21.
• Happy Birthday: Dennis Hurst 29th, Carol Irvin 1st, Grace Kirby, Bailey Dean, Nancy Richardson 4th.
• Happy Easter Everyone!