By Mischaele Bearce
• The East Lynne Fire Department had two medicals and an MVC this week. CPR training was done last week by Chuck Kagarice and those who attended were Jackie and Bryan Groblebe, Terry, Taylene and Anthony Faulkenberry, Tommie Faulkenberry and Connie Kudron, James Cotterman, and Mike Davis.
• AT&T retirees will meet at Hardees in Harrisonville at 9 a.m. the first Monday of each month. The next meeting will be Monday, May 6.
• Linda Cox recently enjoyed an annual Sisters Weekend in St. Louis with her four sisters: Carol Roberts, of Butler, Teri Meade, of Clinton, Norma Jones, of Raymore, and Donna Meade Sprague, of St. Peters. The weekend was extended because of the snowstorm.
• The Easter performance by the Garden City Choir was very enjoyable . There certainly are a lot of talented people in our area.
• Happy birthday to Damon Cox, Daryan King, Amanda and Ashleigh Rushly, Jim Sims, Christina Langsdale, Breanna Curtis and Masie Stuby.
• Happy Anniversary to Steve and Sharon Wright.
By Nina Kemper
• The Freeman Cemetery will have cleanup at 8 a.m. Saturday, April 6. They would appreciate help. Also, all flowers will be removed; if you have some you want to keep, please pick them up before then.
• Senior Citizens Bingo will be Tuesday, April 9. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Free lunch is served about noon and after that bingo is played. Bring white elephant gifts for bingo.
• The Freeman Community Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 11. Everyone welcome.
• The Walmart Retirees will meet at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 16, Diamond Rays. If you retired from Walmart or were a long-time associate, please join this group.
• Citywide Cleanup in Freeman will be 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, April 6. This year, cleanup will be back on Main Street. Please take advantage of this opportunity to cleanup your property as this is a free service for the citizens of Freeman.
• The Freeman Community Club breakfast March 30 was very well attended. The winner of the 50/50 was Joan Jefferson. The breakfast on Saturday, April 27, will be the last one until September so hope you can come out and enjoy the food and fellowship.
• Because of the rain and the mud at the City Park, the Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by Freeman Community Club was in the club building. The rabbit was there to hand out treats and the candy had been bagged up to give the children. We didnt have a big turnout but those that came enjoyed it. We also had a couple of dogs come in to checkout what was going on.
• The Dolan-West Dolan Fire Department wishes to thank everyone for the memorial donations to the Fire Department in memory of Willis Lee. They are really appreciated.
• The Community Sunrise at West Line Christian Church was very nice and very well attended. The men of the church had prepared breakfast of biscuits and gravy. All of the churches in the community had a part in the service.
• Easter guests of Nina and Norvell Kemper were Kay, Greg and Gabby Buck, of Leawood, Kan. Kim and family were unable to come as Abby Allnutt has been pretty sick but is better now.
• Some birthdays for next week include: April 6 - Jerod Mickelson and Jacob Honeycutt; April 7 - Rose Marie Bartel, Samantha Farr and Todd Livingston; April 8 - Bethany Villaverde, Barry Villaverde, Ashley and Weston Coble and Daniel and Clariece Norman; April 9 - Lacey Norman; April 11 - Kevin Cook, Debbie Coker, Lois Eberle; April 12 - Annetta Hudson, andy Swartz, and Rylie Stewart; April 13 - Douglas and Daniel Irwin.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: Daniel and Jennifer Irwin; April 11 - Don and Lois Eberle, Jon and Kaye Seabaugh and Rev. Albert and Shera McDowell; and April 12 - Bethany and Barry Villaverde.
By Gail Lyon
• What a great Sunrise Service at West Line Church with all the churches in the community. The program was just wonderful. We want to thank those that participated in the service to make it happen. The men from WLCC served breakfast after the service. The Easter programwas at 10:30 a.m. The youth group read some scriptures. Christine Whitcraft sang a song with the kids . Then Pastor Barth had a very good sermon about the prodigal son. After the sermon, the teens from the church put on their first music video. It was really good.
• On Good Friday, my grandkids Nathan, Abby and Emma spent the day with me. They were out of school. We did many fun things during the day. They helped me decorate for Easter. When it was time for me to go to work, they went with me. Then their dad came and picked them up. March 30, my grandkids came back to spend the night so they could get up and go to church on Easter with me. After church, we went to the Richardson place for the Annual Weenie Roast, Kite Flying and Easter Egg Hunt. Everyone had a wonderful time.
• Robert and Lois Young had their family over for Easter; there were around 36 that attended. They spent a lot of time outside and had a really good time. Their daughter, Dawn Newman, was not able to attend because she was recovering from her knee surgery on March 29.
• Happy Birthday: Amy Scott, Glendon Ullery, Gregg Gilbert 5th, Stacie Kinney 6th, Tom Irvin 9th, Daryl Cook 10th, and Mark Snider 11th.
• Happy Anniversary: Jon and Kaye Seabaugh 11th.