By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had a shed structural fire and a medical call for the week.
• East Lynne School is taking trash bag orders now through Friday, May 3. The white is kitchen size with 65 bags per roll, yellow and pink both have 25 plastic bags per roll and the blue is outdoor size with 16 per roll. You may contact the school at 816-626-3511 to order trash bags.
• Local residents participated in the Mid-State Conference and Harrisonville Art Show. The Mid State Conference Art Show was in Kingsville this year. Jon Cearly received Best of Category and Best of Show, Design; Miranda Ferguson received third place, Design; Kelsey Helm received first place, Best of Category, Media, Mixed; Alyssa Whistle received third place, Media; Chrysalin Martin received second place, Design; Julia Yoder received first place Design; and Julia Yoder received second place Mixed Media. Harrisonville Art Show, which took place in the Harrisonville library, awarded Judge Merit Awards to Carson Case, Hannah Kreimeyer and Kelly Shea.
• MAP testing will start Tuesday, April 30, and continue on to May 1-3 and 7-10.
• Happy birthday to Stacie Hartzler, Kim Bevan, Blake Schmoll, who turns 16, Trenton Rushly, Virginia Carver, Terri Burton, Hunter and Wyatt Crusha, Lorraine Lawler, Mike Hyatt, Mischaele Bearce, Mrianda Tuter, Rachael Murry, and Paula Kohler.
• Congratulations to Chris Langsdale who finished his Police Academy training and now is a certified police officer.
By Nina Kemper
• The Freeman Community Club will have its monthly breakfast 8-10 a.m. Saturday, April 27. This will be the last breakfast until September. Freewill donation and everyone welcome.
• The Freeman Baptist Church is having some members go to Belize this summer as missionaries and are having a dinner the first Sunday of each month to help with expenses. Dinner starts shortly after noon and the May menu is a Baked Potato Bar. Freewill donation. They also are taking orders for themed T-shirts until Saturday, June 1. They will have a garage sale in Harrisonville during the first weekend in May.
• Congratulations to Gloria Chenoweth on the birth of a great-granddaughter. Olivia Hailey Jean Simon was born April 16 and was 6 pounds, 9 ounces and 19.5 inches long.
• Baccalaureate will be Sunday, May 5, at Cass Midway School. Gary Amble will be the speaker. Everyone welcome.
• Bob Ardrey and James Carver were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church on April 21. Rev. Ilona Buzick had the Childrens Moment. Natalie Madison and Alex Eckhoff had Childrens Church. Awnee Henness read the scriptures.
• The Cass Midway arts and music departments presented the play, Youre A Good Man Charlie Brown, on April 20. All who had any part in it did an excellent job. Unfortunately, there was just a small crowd to see it. We thoroughly enjoyed it.
• Rex and Kandice Eckhoff celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary on April 19 by renewing their vows at the Presbyterian church and then having a small reception. Everything was very nice.
• Some birthdays for next week include: April 27 - Marilyn Sturgeon, Alan King and Chelsea Norman; April 28 - Kaitlyn French and Tucker Lawson; April 29 - Shawn Sanders, Sherri Flippin, Tom Sturgeon and Rosemarie Clark; April 30 - Ilona Buzick, Tom Wright,Sammy Sutcliffe, Harold Kurzweil; May 1 - Marcie Swartz; May 2 - Rod Smith; May 3 - Ann Burchett, Karen Lee; May 4 - Piper Cooper.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: April 27 - Renea and Steve Tallman; April 28 - Kim and Dan Allnutt; May 2 - Kay and Greg Buck; May 3 - Leland and Linda Carroll; May 4 - George and Gaye Hammontree.
By Gail Lyon
• Due to the illness of Barth Smith, the baptism was put on hold. Barth was complaining of teeth pain. He also will be gone next week. Alan Welch gave the message on the beatitudes. There will be a substitute pastor next week and there will be a dedication for the new stained glass window in the baptistery.
• The Womens retreat is coming in June. You dont want to miss this great fellowship time. The ladies are really working hard on making this a great time. The music will be from Tiffany, who has been there before. She was with the group Color of Mercy.
• All of Robert and Lois Youngs children came by over the weekend to help them celebrate their anniversary and Roberts birthday.
• Congratulations to Preston and Beth (Young) Shipley on their new baby girl born April 17. Her name is Nora Grayce Shipley. April 20, Robert and Lois Young went to see Nora for the first time.
• Happy Birthday: Codey Lyon 25th, Zac Clary, Richard Stukes 27th.
• Happy Anniversary: Junior and Cristi Lavelock 28th.