By Mischaele Bearce
• The children of East Lynne School are on countdown time now. The last day of school is Friday, May 24. Field trips have started up for the year, second and third grades will go to Overland Park, Kan., Wednesday, May 15, to the Deanna Rose farm. Map testing started April 30 and will continue through next week. On Tuesday, May 14, Pleasant Hill students will come to East Lynne School to do a music concert for our students.
• The dumpsters in town have been picked up for the year. The two dumpsters were really full quickly this year. It would be nice if the town could sponsor this again later on in the fall just in case families didnt get it done the first time around.
• Get well to Frank Trainer who has been in the hospital.
• Happy birthday to Tucker Lawson, Lauren Newsome, Diane Magness, Shanna Groblebe, Christopher Morgan, Olivia Tribble, Michenzie Magufee, Lincoln Lawson, Jennifer Bromley, Bert Ball, Jeana Dunn, Jared Switzer, Jeramiyah Mefford and Sue Hernandez.
• Happy anniversaries to Amy and John Boyle, Rachel and Ryan Chamberlain, Harry and Mary Hartzler, Jerry and Maryann Tribble, and Connie Corby Kudron.
By Nina Kemper
• Baccalaureate will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 5, at Cass Midway School. Gary Amble will be the speaker. Everyone welcome. Refreshments will be served by Freeman Presbyterian Church following the ceremony.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 9. Everyone welcome.
• Senior Citizen Bingo will be at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 14.
• Cass Midway prom was April 27. Promenade was at 3 p.m. and there were so many beautiful girls and so many handsome guys. It was fun to see all these young ladies and young men.
• The Freeman Community Club had its last breakfast until September on April 27. We had a very good turnout and want to thank everyone for their support and we look forward to seeing you in the fall. Robert Cook won the 50/50.
• April 29, the Kempers went to the Harrisonville baseball field to watch the Harrisonville/Warrensburg game. Harrisonville won the game in the bottom of the seventh inning. It was a good game by both teams. Following the game, the Allnutts and Kempers went to Mazzios to enjoy some pizza and visiting.
• Some birthdays for next week include: May 4 - Piper Cooper; May 5 - Clara Clark, Andy Sutcliffe and Patrick Irvin; May 6 - Marcia Williamson, Nora Tallman; May 7 - Lois Davidson and Coleson East; May 8 - Heather Clark, Laura Irvin; May 9 - Jessie Whitcraft and Linda Cook;
• Some anniversaries for next week include: May 4 - George and Gaye Hammontree; May 6 - Kathy and Ralph South; May10 - Mike and Earlene Davis and Bob and Joan Jefferson.