By Mischaele Bearce
• Western Electric and AT&T retirees have a monthly get-together to have coffee and visit amongst themselves at Hardees.
• Last week, Lyla Bradshaw had a group of ladies over called the Belton ASG group. Everyone had a great time seeing Lylas sewing and hearing about her talents in fiber arts and puppeteering. Lyla also raises llamas and has the wool processed. She demonstrated spinning the wool on two different kinds of spinning wheels. She served a wonderful luncheon with the Mexican theme.
• Sue Obermaier was greeted with a retirement reception after 31 years with East Lynne School. There were 30 past students and parents who showed up, along with all the students in the school. She was honored with a brass bell and the teachers lounge was named Golden Coffee Pot Lounge. There was an oak tree planted in front of the school named Mrs O. Reading Oak. She will be missed by all. Those who left the school this year are: Yates, Steve Hanson, Jim Teeman and Levi Schrock.
• Congratulations to Cody Scott, who received a general scholarship from The Harrisonville Chamber of Commerce and also was a recipient of the Harrisonville Rotary Club Scholarship, presented by Rotary Club President Keith Mills.
• The 23rd annual Cass County Student Art Show sponsored by The Harrisonville Fine Arts Association and had by Cass County Library. Those who took third place were Starr Myers and Ian Vold, who received a white ribbon. Carson Case, Miranda Fergusan, Hannah Kreimeyer and Kelly Shea took Judges Merit for fourth grade.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Church had Elton and Sue Potts, from Joplin, one of its missionaries and his wife. They had been in the Philippines. They showed slides and told about what they had been doing. There also was a basket dinner, which was really nice.
• Sherry Brown is looking for helpers for VBS in July.
• The Womens Retreat is coming Saturday, June 15. You dont want to miss this great fellowship time. The ladies are really working hard on making this a great time. The music will be from Tiffany Miller.
• Happy Birthday: Virginia Bailey 7th, Junior Gilbert 8th, Braydon Anderson, Ruth Ann Dane 11th, Lois Young 12th.
• Happy Anniversary: Ray and Donna Barrett.