By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had one medical call for the week. Board meeting will be this week.
• Congratulation to the following couples who got married recently, Brian Minshall and April McCarthy, Rodney Richtner and Jennifer Valentich, and William Curtis and Kelly Curtis.
• We, John and Mischaele Bearce, had a fun-filled weekend celebrating our granddaughter Brezlynns fifth birthday June 6. This was a surprise party for her by her aunt Crystal Gonzalez. Her favorite present was a weekend spent in Branson. Then from there, we helped celebrate a nieces graduation in Independence on June 8 and on June 9 it was our grandson Breckens 13th birthday with yet another party done by his mother Crystal. We did miss out on another birthday party June 8, it was Karsen Grund with his first birthday with a party at his house. Karsen is a little boy that I watch and is the great-grandson to the late Joe Lenz.
• Happy birthday to Carter Lawson, Angela Harralson, Herb Carver, Kayden Chamberlain, Karsen Grund, Dillion Eisel, Jordon Dalton, Colton Scott, Carol Jones, Tara Dabbs, Randy Daniels, Ariston Cantrell, Brezlynn Jones, Brecken Nickel, Amy Rhodes, Jacob Cotterman, Richard Hamlin, Kevin Longacre, Cliff Woolery, and Josh Hamms.
• Happy anniversary to Scott and Angie Chamberlain, Cora and Dale Fall, Justin and Christa Tuttle, Jeannie and Pete Anson, Mike and Diane Magness, Proctor and Casey Keyton, and Matt and Kari Magness.
By Nina Kemper
• Sorry there was no news for the past two weeks. We have been gone and had company.
• Freeman Baptist Church had a fish fry for its fundraiser June 2 for the mission trip to Belize in July.There was a good attendance. The next fundraiser lunch will be Sunday, July 7, and it is a barbeque. They will start serving at 12:15 p.m., after church. $5 donation.
• We extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Rosemary Carpenter, of Urich, who died last week. Freeman resident Homer (Melva) Baldwin was a brother to her.
• We extend our sympathy to Dick and LaVeta Sanders on the death of a cousin.
• We extend our sympathy to the Rex and Kandice Eckhoff family on the death of Rexs Aunt May.
• Last week, we were privileged to have our granddaughter, Gabby Buck, and her friend Claire Fritz spend a few days with us. We all had fun.
• Because Freeman Presbyterian Church had communion June 9, there were no candles to light. Elaine Sturm had the Childrens Moment, Keith Cook had Childrens Church and Awnee Henness read the scriptures. Jill Smith and Awnee served communion. There will be an all-church picnic at the Sanders on Sunday, June 23. Vacation Bible School will be 6:30-8:15 p.m. July 21-25. All children age 3 to fifth grade are welcome. The women of the church will prepare and serve breakfast at 9 a.m. Fathers Day.
• Even though I was unable to attend the West Line Womens Retreat, I have heard many wonderful things about it. This is a wonderful retreat and, if you have never been, I urge you to go next year. I plan to make it then also.
• Brent Dorrs family is leaving everything behind to help feed the orphans in South Africa. They made this decision last year and things are coming together. From 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, family, friends and many local sponsors will present a benefit dinner, silent auction and raffle drawing at Louisburg United Methodist Church, 249 N Metcalf Rd., Louisburg, KS, 66053, to help raise funds for their travel expenses, health insurance and missionary support in South Africa. Tickets can be purchased at the door or in advance. The dinner will be $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 3-12.
• Some birthdays for next week include: June 14 - Tyler Drake; June 15 - Sydney Farr, Jase Villaverde, Paris Sutcliffe, Gabrielle Smith, Renea Tallman; June 18- Scott Getty, Travis Terry, Monica Kurzweil; June 22 - Travis Marr.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: June 16 - Dick and LaVeta Sanders; June 17 - Chris and Holly Myers; June 22 - Terry and Mary Sue Smither and Jim and Tami Coleman.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church Womens Retreat was June 8. There were about 56 women from all over that attended. For those that had been there when Tiffany Miller was with Color of Mercy, it was thrilling to get to see her and hear her sing again. She sang some of the songs that she wrote when she was with COM. Some of the men cooked and served lunch to all the ladies.
• VBS is coming to West Line in July. We are looking for helpers.
• June 8, my grandkids, Nathan, Abby and Emma Lyon came over to spend the night with me. We went to church June 9. They went swimming in Uncle Chucks pool. Then their dad came over. I took Nathan to his baseball practice while his dad did some things for me. After practice, I went to Tims house. Then Nathan, Emma and I went to Papa Murphys and got pizza and we watched a movie and then I went home. What a great weekend.
• Happy Birthday: Marcia Arnett, Shelia Hinchcliffe, Steve Mincks 18th.
• Happy Anniversary: Ron and Lois Fort 19th.