In an effort to ensure that students living in the Harrisonville School District receive the education they deserve, the district will be continuing the Residency Verification program.
As part of a continuing effort to tighten Harrisonville Schools residency requirements, all families will be asked to provide proof of residency each year as part of the enrollment process. This annual requirement will help ensure that students who are not residents of the school district are not attending district schools. This program will save the district funds by eliminating the costs of educating non-resident students.
Residency can be verified with one of the following:
• A current, original utility bill that is no more than 30 days old. The bill must be in the resident’s name, and no final or disconnect notices will be accepted. Utility statements include gas, electric, and water. Telephone, cable, and other statements will not be accepted. Please make sure the utility statement includes your name and address.
• A rental/lease agreement including names of all occupants, dates of agreement and the name, address, phone number and signature of the landlord.
• A contract to build or purchase a home within the Harrisonville School District reflecting a possession or closing date within 90 calendar days of the first day of school attendance.
Once again this year, the district will provide the opportunity for parents to verify residency electronically or in person prior to the Residency Verification dates. You may e-mail your proof of residency to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may bring your residency papers to the Administrative Offices between 7:30 a.m.-noon or 1-3:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 31. If you use the e-mail verification, please be sure the scanned document includes your name and address. Also, please include your name and your students’ names and grades in the e-mail portion. Parents who complete residency electronically or in person do not have to attend the Residency Verification events.
Harrisonville will continue to offer the Residency Verification events for families to present proof of residency. Those dates and times are as follows:
• Thursday, August 1, 4-7 p.m.
• Friday, August 2, 8 a.m.-Noon
Prior to attending Residency Verification, the district is also asking parents to update their student’s information on-line through the district’s Parent/Student Link service (Parent Portal) at www.harrisonvilleschools.org
Representatives will be on hand at Harrisonville High School, 1504 E. Elm, to accept proof of residency documents and answer questions. All families should enter through the Commons Area door of Harrisonville High School.
The event will also provide parents and students an opportunity to complete all back-to-school business in one place. High school and middle school students can pick up schedules. High school students will also be able to purchase parking passes. Elementary students will receive their class placement letters at this time as well. The food service department, bus company, and school nurses will be on hand to answer any questions.
Additional information is available on the district website, www.harrisonvilleschools.org. Questions may be directed to the district office at 816-380-2727.