By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had several medical calls for the week. There were at least five Life Flight calls, with ambulances on two of the medical calls. Pleasant Hill called for a tanker and man power to work Savannah Land barn fire but disregarded all units from several fire departments. Board meeting was last week with Jackie Groblebe, Howard Raffurty, Cyndi Ramage and Max Schmoll. While that board meeting was going on at the fire station, Silver Manor Board meeting also was going on in the training room at the fire station. Those who attended the Silver Manor meeting were Linda Cox, Cliff Woolery, Mary Parker, Mischaele Bearce and new member Elaine Ramsey. Howard Raffurty is the new maintenance work at Silver Manorand Wayne Richards is doing a wonderful job keeping the lawn mowed and bushes trimmed.
• Last week at East Lynne Assembly of God, we had guest speakers Lydia and Tanna Chowning from Amaxonas, Colombia South America here to relate to us on what our offerings are doing in the Amazon. This is the family that Mary and Bethany Hartzler helped out a couple years ago. Mary is planning on going back if everything goes accordingly this next January, if not, the next January.
• Karson DeGraffenried was awarded The Alma Brown Scholarship. She will attend Rockhurst University and plans to obtain a bachelor of science degree in nursing. The award amount was $1,000.
• Happy anniversary to Bill and Nancy Lawson, Janet and Randy Daniels and Herb and Verna Carver.
• Happy Birthday to the following: Rachael Bricker, James McManus, Nicole Cummins, Braeyly Weaver, John Nickel, Karson DeGranffenried, Cody Scott, Lavonne Carlile, Cheryl Wheeldon, Tayler Uselton, Ethan Firkins, Dana Worley, Rebakah Lewis, and Minnie Atchley.
By Nina Kemper
• Freeman Community Club met July 11 for its regularly scheduled meeting. Gwen Eason, president, called the meeting to order. Donna Geivett, secretary, read the minutes of the May meeting and they were approved as given. Dick Sanders, treasurer, handed out copies of his report and it was approved as given. Phil Needham reported for the RV park and we have several campers right now. He asked for help watering the trees because we have not gotten any rain. Kelli Bray and Melinda Eads reported on the Homecoming that will be Saturday, Sept. 14. Booths are $20 and if you would like to reserve a spot, call Melinda Eads at 816-527-6226. If you havent received an invitation to be in the parade, contact Melinda Eads or Vicki Francy at the fire station 816-899-2550.
• Vacation Bible School is 6:30-8 p.m. Sunday, July 21, at Freeman Presbyterian Church. There will be something for all ages, even the adults. The adults will view a DVD series called Soul Detox with Craig Groeschel. Teens will be working with Dan Manning. Everyone welcome.
• Some birthdays for next week include: July 20 - Ellen Chilson, Robby Farr and Tenley Piper; July 21 - Kaye Seabaugh and Jeffery Eads; July 22 - Adam Doyle, Betty Gray, Cindy Mayfield and Joyce Farr; July 23 - Garren Norman; July 24 - Joseph Weiss; July 25 - Karen Forde; July 26 - Matt Davis, Sylvia Markley, Tyler Davis, Diane Coble and Brianna Barnes; July 27 - Louise Moore and Ron Goddard.
By Gail Lyon
• Highlights of last weeks news include West Line Christian Church is having VBS; hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th; on July 4, Ray and Donna had lunch for everyone and swimming; Robert and Lois Young celebrated the 4th on the evening of July 3 and had lots of fireworks and homemade ice cream; July 5, Nathan, Abby and Emma Lyon stayed the night with me; Happy Birthday: Caitlin Chaffin 13th, Logan Barrett 16th; and Happy Anniversary: Jeff and Debbie Hargis.
• West Line Church had its VBS program July 14. They averaged around 40 kids every night. After the program, there was a baptizing of Bryan Boatwright.
• Ray, Donna and Brandi Barrett threw Logan Barrett a birthday party July 13. Around 30 attended. They also celebrated everyones birthday in July including Lori Brock 1st, Logan Barrett 16th, Barry Lyon 28th, Lori Lyon 30th.
• Nathan and Emma Lyon stayed with me July 12. Abby had a haircut appointment July 13 so she stayed with mom. Later on Saturday, we went and picked up Abby and they all stayed all night with me. We went to church July 14 and their mom came to watch their VBS program.