By Mischaele Bearce
• The East Lynne Fire Department had three medicals for the week. Two of the calls we didnt have anyone to respond. The board wants to change the date from Monday, Aug. 12, to Thursday, Aug. 8.
• East Lynne Assembly of God had a group go to South Dakota, Santee area for the week.
• Happy birthday to Angie Gonzalez, Jenny Graham, Mary Burton, Cheryl Nickel, Danielle Dodson, Ryan Rushly, Derric Hammond, Rueben Hartzler, Marge Sparks, Zachary Young, Breanna Weaver, Vickie Hartsell, Jack Tribble, Michaela Magufee, Crystal Feagley, Autumn Self, Randy Dillion, Dean Schanhorst, Madelyne Murry, Machenzie Eisel, Zachary Hammond, Kelly Shea, Telli Atkinson, Nathan Kreimeyer, Tommy Verstraete and Avery Butler.
• Happy anniversary to Donna and Cliff Wooleryand Chris and Christina Langsdale.
By Nina Kemper
• Remember the Dorr Family Benefit Dinner on Friday, Aug. 2. Dinner will be 5-9 p.m. and the silent auctions/raffles will be 5-8 p.m. Tickets are available for pre-sale and are $10 for adults and $5 for kids 3-12, 2 and under eat free. The Dorr family is moving to South Africa to support their mission with Oceans f Mercy. There also will be kids activities and live music.
• The Girl Scouts are having a Fill the Bus with school supplies Friday, Aug. 2, at Midway School.
• The Walmart Retirees met July 16 with a small group in attendance; however, there was a lot of catching up that was done. This group meets at 11:30 a.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Diamond Rays in Mill-Walk Mall. If you retired from Walmart, please join this group.
• The Freeman Baptist Belize Mission group left this past week for Belize. They have been having a lot of experiences and life changing moments. They are painting, having VBS, working with worship groups, and just whatever they can to help out and spread the word.
• Freeman Presbyterian Church had its VBS this week in the evening. Sunday morning we had several more people added to the prayer list. Randy and Laurie Oakes were the candle lighters; Natalie Ardrey gave the Childrens Moment and Shelley Needham and Hunter Oakes had Childrens Church. Dan Manning read the scriptures. Every Sunday we have David Ullery at the organ and Kevin Cook running the Powerpoint.
• Get well wishes go to Awnee Henness who had some surgery on his arm/shoulder but they were unable to repair the rotator tear at this time. It will be done later. Were pulling for you, Awnee.
• We extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Randy Ashley, who died this past week.
• Congratulations to Heather and BJ Sanders on the birth of a son, Liam Dean Sanders, on July 20, 2013. Liam weighed 7 pounds and 12 ounces.
• Get well wishes also go to former Freeman resident Lee Gregory. Lee had a four-bypass heart surgery July 22 at KU.
• Some birthdays for next week include: July 27 - Louise Moore and Ron Goddard; July 28 - Abby Madison; July 29 - Larry Miller; July 30 - Jan Harrison and Norman Reibel; July 31 - Brenda Lee and Earlene Davis; Aug. 1 - Ben Fletcher and Frankie Wachter; Aug. 2 - Laura Henry and Pat Baldwin; Aug. 3 - Bob Houston.
• Anniversary wishes go to Lindsey and Dale Long on July 30.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church will have its Annual Ice Cream Social. The board has decided to form committees for fundraisers. Alan Welch is head of the fundraiser committee. If anyone has any ideas for a fundraiser, please let him know.
• VBS went just great again this year. I would like to thank Sherry Brown for all her hard work she puts into the program, getting people to volunteer, then getting all the supplies needed, making props, getting the snacks for each day, taking care of the offering, attendance, and keeping the kids excited.
• Brandi Barrett and Jessica Kirby had a pool party for the kids in their family. It was at Brandis parents house. Those that attended were Larri Nelson, Logan Barrett, Grace Kirby, Nathan, Abby, and Emma Lyon. It lasted all day long and moms and grandmas got a chance to relax or get stuff done. Thank you, Brandi and Jessica.
• My grandkids stayed all night with me July 19 and then went to the pool party on July 20. They were worn out when they came home. The girls and I got up July 21 and went to church. At noon, we went to their dads house, Tim, and we all went to the Cass County fair. Tim took the kids to the carnival. We all had a good time.
• Happy Birthday: Kaye Seabaugh 21st, Dee Starks 22nd, Luke Boyer 24th, Barry Lyon 28th, Paul Starks 30th and Elizabeth Lynn Sanders 31st.