By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had one medical call for the week.
• East Lynne School will start next week, so please drive safely and watch for children crossing the streets.
• There are new teachers this year at the school. Those new to our school are Joe Cavness, PE/health and 7th- and 8th-grade basketball coach; Jerian Cesonis, special-education director; Heather Hartzler, librarian, English language arts; Chelsea Hawkins, kindergarten; Forrest Thurman, 8th-grade social studies; Kathryn Whetstone, middle-school math.
• Saturday, Aug. 24, the school cheerleaders will have a Sonic fundraiser in Harrisonville. The money they collect helps support the girls for camps, uniforms and other needs.
• Get well to Linda Cox and Donna Woolery.
• Happy birthday to Tommy Verstraete, Melissa and Dalton Lawson, Sam East, Daylen Doll, Corby Kudron, Hannah Ponder, Judy Powell, Fred Clickner, Aaron Vaugn, Mikyla Pearson, Matthew Heavin, Zandra Swanigan, Hannah Arnold, Cindy Dark, Vannia Anson, Amy Keyton, and Shya Wells.
• Happy anniversary to Judy and Les Powell.
By Nina Kemper
• Senior Citizen Bingo will be Tuesday, Aug. 13, at Freeman Community Club. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. for a free lunch and bingo follows. Bring a white-elephant gift to be used for a bingo prize.
• The Walmart Retirees will meet at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, at Diamond Rays. If you retired from Walmart, please join this group.
• The Girl Scouts from the Midway troop had their first Stuff the Bus. These girls worked very hard planning and executing this and collected a lot of items that will help students in need and teachers in the classrooms.
• Gabby Buck and Abby Allnutt have spent a few days with us, their grandparents Norvell and Nina Kemper. Abby also spent the weekend with her big brother, Daniel, and enjoyed Sea Life and other things.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Aug. 10 - Shelly McClain and Leah Wortham; Aug. 12 - Michele Thomas; Aug. 13 - Debbie Gill; Aug. 15 - Andrew Scott; Aug. - David Needham, Ben Madison and John Bockelman.
• Anniversary wishes go to Michael and Kara Stephens on Aug. 12 and to Don and Eileen Sutcliffe on Aug. 16.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Church will have its annual Ice Cream Social 5-7:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25 . Everyone is welcome. Jimmy Van is playing the music.
• I went with my grandkids, Nathan, Abby, and Emma, and their dad, Tim, to the Kansas City zoo on Aug. 3. Nikita was everyones favorite. We also like the lion he was taking a nap and when he woke up he came straight over to the kids and put his face up to the window. On the way home, we stopped for a bite to eat. It was a great day.
• Happy Birthday: Tiffany Clary 12th, Roger Lavelock 13th Deloris Dennis 15th, Ron Dane 15th.
• Happy Anniversary: Steve and Cindy Mincks 9th.