• Happy birthday: Daisy Freidline, 20th.
• Happy anniversary: Richard and Daisy Freidline, 24th.
By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department got called to Pleasant Hill to respond to a structural fire, but there was no one in the area to send. The fire shirts are in at the station and ready to be picked up.
• Get well to Sam East, who got hurt Sept. 14 playing football with Harrisonville School and broke his collarbone. He will be out the rest of the season.
• Sympathy goes out to the McConnell, Abernathy family on the passing of Hollies sister, Kendra Abernathy, on Sept. 15.
• Congratulations to Gary Stanford and Crystal Feagley on the marriage.
• AT&T and Western Electric always have a wonderful time at their gatherings on the first Monday of every month at Hardees. They meet for coffee and breakfast at 9 a.m.
• Happy birthday to Toni Downy, Lexi Cotterman, Jim Terrell, Justin Fall, Zoie Bailey, Chris Wright, Mason Kresse, Dustin Fall, Autumn Engel, Tyler Nickel, Hannah Arnold, Arianna Scurlock, Zacaria Barnes, Landon Getz, Matt Melzer, Kayden Taylor, Kaley Fiore, Andrew Hayes, Gracie Champion, Lisa Faulkenberry, Adelie Hyatt, Stacey Warren, Jackie Guggisberg, Barbara Keyton, Barbara Lacy, and Edison Hayward.
• Happy anniversary to Rhonda and Gary Casey, Linda and Ernie Young, and Linda and Jack Cox.
By Nina Kemper
• Sunday, Sept. 22, Freeman Baptist Church is having a Friend Day. Following the worship service, there will be a basket dinner. From 1 to 3 p.m. there are super Sunday events for children Kindergarten - 6th grade. Everyone is invited to attend these events and, of course, invite a friend.
• Thursday, Oct. 10, is the next Freeman Community Club meeting. It will be at 7 p.m. We will discuss Homecoming and take suggestions for what we could do next year. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Freeman Homecoming was Sept. 14 and what a fun day it was. We had perfect weather. Melinda Eads and Kelly Bray did a wonderful job of organizing everything. LaVeta Sanders was in charge of the Ham and Bean Dinner and did her usual great job. It is impossible to name all that helped with that, donated pies and other desserts, but everything was so appreciated. Diane Packingham did an excellent job of getting raffle prizes and selling raffle tickets. Everyone contributed in some way and we thank you.
• LaVeta Sanders would like to say a special thank you to all who cooked cornbread, ham and beans, donated items for the dinner and, of course, the wonderful desserts.
• We extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Kasey Ann Haase.
• Congratulations to the Cass Midway football team on the victory over Adrian on Sept. 13. Friday, Sept. 20, they travel to Appleton City.
• Tuesday, Sept. 24, there will be a home volleyball game at 5:30 p.m. Come out and support the Lady Vikings.
• Get well wishes go to Jean Kisner, who recently spent some time in the hospital.
• Bob Ardrey and Ben Madison were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyerian Church on Sept. 15. Natalie Ardey had the Childrens Moment and Shelley Needham had Childrens Church. Abby Madison, Hunter Oakes and Keith Cook read the scriptures. Following the worship service, we all went outside for cider and doughnuts served by the youth.
• Sept. 10, we, Norvell and Nina Kemper, went to Golden Corral in Independence to have lunch with Norvells retired co-workers. Such a fun time for everyone.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Sept. 22 - Lori Scott, Angelika Schmidt, Karen Ullery Williams; Sept. 24 - Diane Packingham; Sept. 25 - Autumn Eason, Johnathan Carver and Seth Hammontrre; Sept. 27 - Maxine Farr; Sept. 28 - Larry Eason, Morgan Scott and Billy Oliphant.
• Anniversary wishes to Donnie and Alicia Whitcraft on Sept. 26.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Church had a wonderful service Sept. 15. Pastor Barth baptized two very young men, Ethan Carver and Noah Whitcraft. We are very proud to have these two little boys in our congregation.
• My grandkids came and spent the weekend with me. Logan Barrett came and played with them Sept. 14. When Logan came over, Abby and Emma where playing with their dolls and were playing store. The girls played until Donna came to get Logan. The next morning, were getting ready for Sunday school and when the kids went to put their shoes on they were not by the door like they usually are. All three of them had no shoes. I had an extra pair of flip-flops for the girls but nothing for Nathan. Well by this time it was 10 a.m. Emma decides she wants to go to Sunday school by herself. So I took her up the hill to church and told them about the missing shoes. I kept looking for the shoes and when I was going to put something in the toy box, I noticed some Price Chopper bags with stuff in them. There were the kids shoes in the sacks. They were playing store and they had played like they bought them and when I made them put up the toys and stuff they threw them in the toy box.
• Happy Birthday: Andrew Evins, Bengi Goddard, Shelby Admire, Jade Lavelock 20th, Bill Miner, James Bailey, Pam Bailey 21st, Loren Cook, Charles Fort 23rd, Louise Creekiller 24th, Tony Smith 25th, Jan Burchett, Cindy Richardson 26th.