By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had one medical call for the week.
• Last week in my article about Donna Guggisberg enjoying the Harmons coming to visit her, Tom was left out. Teri and Tom Harmon along with Caleb and Alicia, P.T. and Loni, and Sam and Rebecca all stopped by as they were going to West Plains for a float trip.
• Sept. 28, Jaurie Wells and I, Mischaele Bearce, put on a baby shower for Megan Carnes. Those who attended enjoyed the gathering and remembered for old times sake when I used to watch Megan. Lots of stories surfaced up from the past with lots of funny stories about Jaurie, Crystal and Brandy with glitter fights and egg fights during the middle of the night when John would get home at 2 a.m. The weather was supposed to be really rainy but during the shower it was a nice soft rain. We all enjoyed watching it from the fire station.
• Brandy Jones and I, Mischaele Bearce, got to surprise Brezlynn Jones at school Sept. 30 as Brezlynn was getting an award for math and she didnt know. She was very happy to see us and Samara come to the event.
• East Lynne School will have Chilhowee vs. East Lynne on Monday, Oct. 7, at home; Tuesday, Oct. 8, will be Kingsville vs East Lynne and at 7 p.m. School Board meeting will occur; and at 3:50 p.m. Oct. 8-10 there will be Drama Club practice. All games will start at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9, there will be talent show auditions and at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10, Leeton will take on East Lynne and at 10 a.m. East Lynne Fire Station will visit the school for Fire Prevention Week. Monday, Oct. 14, will be Parent Teacher Conference.
• Happy birthday to Tamera Cain, Haley Mefford, Alex Cantron, Mollee Vasser, Pam Groblebe, Addisyn Dinner, Megan Carnes, Colton Click-Jackson, Wyatt Clifton, Travis Airrington, Antonio Hernandez, Josh Worley, and Teri Harmon.
• Happy anniversary to Andrea and Tyler Engle.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church had a weenie roast and hay ride out at the Chaffins on Sept. 29. At 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9, will be a fundraiser planning meeting. From 4:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct 12, there will be a chili dinner at the church. Shoe box time is approaching.
• The Vikings won again so they are 5-0. Yay!
• Sept. 22, Ward, Amy and Cole Young stopped by Robert and Lois Youngs and they brought pizza and had a nice visit.
• Sept. 28, Bill and Bobbie Miner and Robert and Lois Young went to Adrian to help Dathan Miner celebrate his second birthday. There were grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and Elmo to enjoy the day.
• I and my brother Chuck Smith traveled to Fair Grove to our aunts to go to a Smith Reunion in Marshfield. There were around 20 or 30 that attended. We saw some cousins that we had not seen in 20 years. We took lots of pictures and reminisced about the good old days.
• Sept. 29, when I got back home, I called Tim to see if I could come and see my grandkids. He said Sara was coming over and they were going to eat dinner so he invited me also. We had a really good meal.
• Happy Birthday: Lois Fort 5th, Traci Hewitt, Alan Welch, Trevor James Kuntz 6th, Shannon Chandler, Jon Seabaugh, Beth Ullery 8th, Billy Mathews 9th, Oleta Lavelock.