By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had two medicals for the week. Basketball tournaments start next week and the fire department will be on standby for First Responders.
• Congratulations to Amy Taylor and Danny Scott on their resent wedding.
• The Western Electric and AT&T group will meet at 9 a.m. the first Monday of every month for coffee and breakfast. They meet at Hardees and if you previously worked there, be sure to come and enjoy the fellowship.
• Saturday, Oct. 19, East Lynne Assembly of God will have a Love Your Neighbor event for the towns of East Lynne and Gunn City. This event will start at 11 a.m. and ending at 2 p.m. They plan to having hot dogs and chips, and Mary Hartzler and crew will do nail and face painting in the trailer. The books with pictures will be on display for everyone to enjoy of the trips to South Dakota, Amazon, etc. We hope this will be a big event for the church and communities.
• Daylight-saving time will be Sunday, Nov. 3, so be sure to mark your calendars.
• Happy birthday to Bethany Cox, Andrea Graham, Rachel Hamlin, Rachel Hockett, Mick Ramage, Dominique House, Brian Kauffman, Jamal Sims, Mason Mitchell, Matthew Cantrell, Caleb Harmon, Jeremy Dabbs, Casey Searly and Steve Katzenberg.
• Happy anniversary to Mick and Cyndi Ramage, Max and Gayle Schmoll, and Matt and Lisa Mitchell.
By Nina Kemper
• The Walmart Retirees will meet at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, at Diamond Rays at the Mill-Walk Mall in Harrisonville. If you retired from Walmart or were a long-time associate, please join this group.
• Mark your calendar for 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30, for a wonderful program put on by Teresa Hensley. The program is Keeping Kids and Teens Safe in the Real World. This is being had by Freeman Presbyterian Church, 402 N. Harrison. There is no fee and child care will be available. The event is open to the whole community.
• Freeman Community Club will once again have a haunted house for Halloween on Thursday, Oct. 31. More information on this next week.
• Congratulations to the Midway Vikings football team for being 6-0 so far this season. They play Rich Hill at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11. This also is Homecoming. Come out and support the team.
• The Lady Vikings volleyball team also is doing very well. Their next home meet is at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, against Appleton City.. They also would appreciate your support.
• The West Line Christian Church is having a building fundraiser. This will be served 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12, at West Line Community Building. The menu is chili, hot dogs, dessert, coffee, tea and water. Everyone is invited.
• West Line Christian Church will have a Harvest Dinner and Craft Sale, which will be served 4:30-7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9. The menu is chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, dessert and coffee, tea and water. Everyone is invited.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Oct. 12 -Trinity Porter; Oct. 13 - Molly Martin Bangert; Oct. 14 - Sharon Marshall; Oct. 15 - Daniel Allnutt, James Moul and Joan Jefferson; Oct. 16 - Darren Doyle; Oct. 17 - Marti Parnell, Doris Goddard; Oct. 19 - Louella Tanner and Gracelyn Rae Scott; Oct. 20 - Ruth Smith and Jennifer Hawkins.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: Oct. 12 - Shelley and Phil Needham and Doug and Diane Packingham; Oct. 13 - Derek and Melanie Taylor.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Church will have the Fund-raising Chili Supper 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12, at the church. Operation Christmas Child is approaching fast. Dont forget the Fall Harvest Dinner and Craft Sale in November.
• Freeman is having a Citywide Garage Sale Saturday, Oct. 19. Saturday, Oct. 26, they will have Citywide Cleanup for Freeman residents only.
• Well the Scrappy Girls got together for a Scrap Booking Day at West Line Community building on Oct. 5. The regular girls are Lori Brock, Vicki Lyon, Gail Lyon, and Carla Lyon. The new ones were Bobbie and Kitty from LaCyne, Kan., and Kyla Carlton from Peculiar. The new girls really got into the craft. Lori was showing us some of her new tools that she got. We also brought food and snacks and had a really good time. This is not a private club, if anyone is interested email me.
• What about those Vikings being 6-0! This Friday, Oct. 11, is Homecoming and there will be a tail-gating party before the game.
• Happy Birthday: Dale Carlson, Larry Wooden, Chandler Nelson 11th, Jess Richardson, Hazel Hodges 12th, and James Moul, Tracy Gilbert 15th.
• Happy Anniversary: Don and Nancy Rhoads 12th, Ed and Lois Starks 15th.