By Dea Ann Ackerman
• Congratulations to Cass Midways football team. They are still undefeated. Oct. 11 was homecoming. Congratulations to the king, Zeb Love, and the queen, Jodi Rhodes.
• First Baptist Church of Cleveland will have its annual Fall Festival on Thursday, Oct. 31. If you need information, contact Brother Henry Green at 816-560-5491.
• The Pacemaker 4-H Club will have a Halloween party at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21. The public is invited to attend. It will be at the Cleveland community building.
By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had two medicals and a controlled burn for the week. Tournament games started at the school Oct. 10 with Jackie Groblebe attending the table. While that was going on, Connie Kudron and I, Mischaele Bearce, worked the games as First Responders. Earlier that morning, Groblebe, Henry Scott and I each drove the Squad 60, Tanker, and Brush Truck to the school for the students to see each truck. The younger students got coloring books and small water bottles while the older students got bigger water bottles. Hannah Whitehead wore the fire dog costume.
• Silver Manor meeting was Oct. 10 at the fire station with Hollie Abernathy, Cliff Woolery, Lisa Akins, Linda Cox, Mary Parker and I present. Parker stated Rural Development did an annual inspection and was pleased how things were looking at the Silver Manor building. Howard Raffurty has been hired as the maintenance man and Wayne Richardson has been hired to mow. Elaine Ramsey is a new board member. There was a truck load of dirt delivered and Cox, Parker, Richardson, and Dillion Brown helped spread the dirt in the holes around the building.
• Congratulations to Jessica Wray and Anthony Crusha, who got married Oct. 12 at Assembly of God Church in East Lynne.
• It was so nice to run into Mildred James last week eating at Old Cedar Inn. She looks wonderful. We had a nice little chat and she was so proud to show off her talking watch she was wearing to my granddaughter Samara Gonzalez.
• Happy birthday to Kalli Shook, Karol Katzenberger, Christopher Naernandez, Nicole Grund, Clara Cornell, Rodney Richter, Chris Akins, and Trisha Riggs.
• Happy anniversary to Carol and Doug Roth and Abbie and Boyd Engelhardt.
By Nina Kemper
• Freeman Community Club will have its annual Haunted House 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31. It is for kids 0-12 years of age. There will be lots of treats and lots of fun. All welcome.
• Senior Bingo had 17 regular attendees and four guests. Louella Tanner won the door prize.
• Saturday, Oct. 19, will be Citywide Garage Sale.
• Saturday, Oct. 26, is Citywide Cleanup. There will be a dumpster available. If you are in doubt what they will accept, please call city hall.
• The next meeting of Freeman Community Club will be Thursday, Nov. 14, and we will have a potluck dinner at 6 p.m. with the meeting starting approximately at 7 p.m.
• Congratulations to Alexandria and Michael Whistle, Ft. Hood, Texas, on the birth of their daughter, Emma Grace Rose. Emma was born Sept. 22 in Independence weighing 6 pounds, 10 ounces,. and was 18.5 inches long.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Oct. 19 - Louella Tanner and Gracelyn Rae Scott; Oct. 20 - Ruth Smith; Oct. 21 - Molly and Emily Tallman; Oct. 23 - Denise Goddard.
• Anniversary wishes go to Ashley and Adam Finley on Oct. 21 and Clorisa and David Bridgers on Oct. 26.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church would like to thank everyone that came to the Chili Supper and donated to the building fund. It was a great turnout and great fellowship. The Fall Harvest Dinner and craft sale will be in November. Operation Christmas Child Boxes are due Wednesday, Nov. 13.
• West Line Community sends its deepest sympathy to the Sanders family. Jim Sanders died Oct. 11 at his home with his family.
• It was Homecoming at Midway on Oct. 11. Jodi Rhodes was crowned Homecoming Queenat halftime. Her escort was Zeb Love. The Midway Vikings won the football game against Rich Hill and they are 6-0. The FFA had a tailgate party before the game and they served chili, chili dogs, chips, pop and desert.
• My grandkids came over Oct. 12. Their dad was going to help his brother on building his garage. We had a great time this weekend. Logan Barrett came over to play with the girls.
• The Chiefs got another win. They also are 6-0.
• Happy birthday: Jim Mathews, Alex Stukes 19th, Mark Sanders, Shelby Admire, Jonathan Cook, Alicia Huff, Lowell Chatfield 20th, Eric Wooden 21st, Craig Cummings 22nd, Denise Goddard, Clay Sidwell 23rd, and Jim Evans 24th.
• Happy Anniversary: Rob and Mindy Anderson 24th.