The Harrisonville High School Distinguished Wall of Fame Selection Committee invites the community to nominate candidates for the Harrisonville High School Distinguished Wall of Fame.
This award honors and recognizes alumni who exemplify the values, the tradition and the successes of HHS. Their accomplishments will inspire and encourage HHS students to do the same.
The 2014 inductees to the Harrisonville High School Distinguished Wall of Fame will be recognized during the annual Winter Homecoming festivities Jan. 24, 2014.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
• The nominee must be a graduate of Harrisonville High School.
• A period of 10 years must have elapsed between graduation and nomination for induction.
• Posthumous nominees will be accepted.
• The nominee must have made a significant contribution to his/her community or his/her field of work or have been recognized for an outstanding achievement, accomplishment, contribution or act that has had a profound and positive effect.
• Any supporting material such as newspaper articles, stories, letters of recommendation, etc. should be submitted with the nomination form. The selection committee will review only the information provided and will not do further research.
Anyone may nominate a graduate for consideration. All nominees will remain on the nominee list until the time he or she is selected for induction. If a person was nominated but not selected, additional reference materials may be submitted. Nomination forms are available on the Foundation website at www.harrisonvilleschools.org/walloffame.
The Distinguished Alumni Wall of Fame Selection Committee will review the nominations and notify both the inductee and the nominator in late November.
Nominations are due Friday, Nov. 15. For questions, call Jill Filer at 816-380-2727, ext. 1224.