By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department is getting ready for maintanence night and Dr. Gustusfson, our medical doctor, also will be down. Our Christmas dinner will be the beginning of December.
• Congratulations to Megan Carnes on the birth of a son, Eli Allen Carnes, on Oct. 28, 2013. Eli weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces and was 20 inches long. His proud grandfather is David Carnes.
• There will be school Monday, Nov. 25, but no school Wednesday, Nov. 27, through Friday, Nov. 29.
• Friday, Nov. 22, will be an all-day Conference Band from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Good luck to the East Lynne band.
• East Lynne Baptist Church will have a free Thanksgiving dinner Sunday, Nov. 24, right after church. They would love to have you join them for church and stay for a meal and fellowship.
• Happy birthday to Paul Kreimeyer, Scott Hubble, John Call Jr., Cheyenne Ames, Brooklyn Louiselle, Seth Yotz, Lexi Scammocca, Jason Wilson, Frank Trainer, Kindred Weseman, Howard Raffurty, and Christopher Harris.
• Happy anniversary to John and Judy Gentry, Kendall and Telli Atkinson, Lisa and Mike Akins, and Roy and Marge Sparks.
By Nina Kemper
• The annual Community Thanksgiving Service will be at 7 p.m. at Freeman Baptist Church. This is open to everyone. All churches in Freeman and West Line Christian Church will have a part.
• The annual Christmas Lighting by Freeman Community Club will happen Sunday, Dec. 1. There will be music, a bonfire in the middle of Main Street to roast hot dogs and marshmallows, and Santa arrives on a fire truck at 6 p.m. as the lights come on. Inside the building, there will be a time for visiting with Santa, pictures with Santa, and cookies, hot chocolate and coffee. There also will be hayrides around town for everyone to enjoy and see all the community decorations.
• There will be Senior Citizen Bingo on Tuesday, Dec. 10. Everyone is encouraged to bring snacks and a white elephant gift for bingo. For more information, call Melva Baldwin.
• Freeman Community Club met Nov. 14 with a potluck supper. Phil Needham said the prayer before the meal. There was good attendance and lots of good food. Senior bingo was discussed and it was agreed upon by the Club to continue bingo until such a time that other arrangements are made. Melva Baldwin said that the Haunted House for Halloween had more than 150 children attend. Christmas lighting also was discussed. All members are to bring three-dozen cookies. Corky Cook is in charge of the lighting again this year. The next meeting will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, and everyone is encouraged to bring their favorite snack.
• I received word Nov. 16 that former Freeman resident, Bernice Whitcraft, was not doing well at all. Nov. 17, I received a call that she had died. She was with Donald and Grace Marie Whitcraft at the time of her death. They live in El Reno, Okla. There will be a memorial service for her later at Freeman Presbyterian Church.
• Welcome home to Claude and Elaine Sturm, who greatly enjoyed a two-week tour of Australia. They returned home Nov. 16.
• Laurie and Hunter Oakes were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Nov. 17. Natalie Ardrey had the Childrens Moment and Shelley Needham had Childrens Church. In the absence of pastor Ilona Buzick, youth pastor Dan Manning delivered the message.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Nov. 23- Abby Linder and Rick Linder, Earl Geivett; Nov. 24 - Dan Lee; Nov. 26 - Dorothy Rodier; Nov. 29 - Richard Givens, George Gurnett and Madeline Kleinsasser; and Nov. 30 - Michael Oakes, Thomas Needham, and Leslie Schilb.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: Nov. 26 - Rev. Dave and Peggy Irwin and David and Shaunda Irwin; Nov. 27 - Darlene and Larry Scott, and Andy and Stephanie Scott; Nov. 28 - Bob and Maxine Farr.
By Gail Lyon
• Had a wonderful crowd for Sunday school and Church at WLCC. It was Operation Christmas Child Shoe Box collection day. We had around 70 but there are more to be collected. I will have a total count next week.
• They had reading night at Midway Elementary on Nov. 13. They served them supper first. It was a great night of family fun.
• It was a beautiful weekend. I went to eat lunch with my granddaughter, Emma Lyon, at Harrisonville Elementary. Nov. 16, I went to Emmas birthday party at her grandparents in Belton. They had a weenie roast and smores. She opened her presents and then they had cake and ice cream. Everyone had a great time.
• Nov. 17, it was the Richardsons Thanksgiving dinner and drawing. It was a delicious dinner.
• Donna (Robbinette) Mitchell stayed a couple days with Robert and Lois Young before going to her mothers in Colorado. Several of the other family members stopped by to visit her on Nov. 16 and 17.
• Happy Birthday: Darren Cross, Corona (Cook) Brown 22nd, Bobbie Miner, Nancy Rhoads 23rd, Larry Richardson, Dan Carter, Philip Lomax, Mattathias Davis 26th, Susan Sidwell, Troy Smith 27th, Oliver Craycraft 28th.
• Happy Anniversary: Eddie and Barb Irvin 24th, Kris and Jennifer Cook 25th, Bob and Maxine Farr 28th.