By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had a medical call, a semi-truck fire and mutual aided with Garden City on a wreck for the week. Clean up and Christmas decorations for the Christmas party will be done this week.
• Sympathy goes out to Howard Raffurty on the passing of his brother last week.
• We, John and Mischaele Bearce, had Thanksgiving at our house this week with 35 present. We were excited to see Johns sister, Jeannie Anson, and her family up from Bryan, Texas, and Jody Middaugh from Nevada. The rest of the family didnt have to drive that far. Jody even brought a guest that had no family living and it was a pleasure to have him here. That is what the Thanks in Thanksgiving is all about.
• Happy birthday to Sammy Clifton, Hoston Miller, Eric Heavin,Sr., Chryslin Martin, Valorie Raffurty, Madison Mitchell, Denniele Bohannon, Shane McConnell, Madison Barnes, Trisha Dinges, Jade Jarvis, Breanna Dedrick, Korbin Coose, Hannah Roth, Lindsey Grimsley, Mackenzie Willis, Shanda Dyke, Preston Vasser, Dallas Moore, and Casey Click.
• Happy anniversary to Dana and Gary Worley, and Julie Rodney
By Nina Kemper
• Cindy Richardson has moved her hair salon to West Line, where Luther Arnold used to have his liquor store Susan Ruble, Cindys sister, also will have her photography studio there. Cindy opened for business Dec. 3. Cindy and Susan will have an open house 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7.
• Shop with a Cop will be Saturday, Dec. 14. Until then, they are looking for donations to help with this project. Donations can be made at Freeman City Hall or Citizens Bank. If you go to the bank, be sure to tell them its for Shop with a Cop.
• Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly meeting Thursday, Dec. 12. They will meet at 6 p.m. with everyone bringing their favorite snack, which will be followed by the meeting at 7 p.m. This is a good time to come and get acquainted with the Club and what they do.
• Senior Citizen Bingo will be Tuesday, Dec. 10. Everyone is asked to bring their favorite snack for all to enjoy and plans will be made how to handle Bingo in the future. This is for all senior citizens and doors open at 11:30 a.m.
• The Walmart Retirees will meet Tuesday, Dec. 17, for the regular monthly luncheon at Diamond Rays. They are making this their Christmas lunch and hope that as many retirees as possible can make this meeting. The lunch starts at 11:30 a.m.
• The memorial service for Bernice Whitcraft will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 28, at Freeman Presbyterian Church.
• Freeman Presbyterian Church is planning some very special services for the Christmas season. Dec. 8 message is entitled The Plan Revisited. During the month there will be some surprise music provided by different people Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, a special Candlelight Communion Service will be at 7 p.m. and the community is invited to attend.
• Nov. 26, we, Nina and Norvell Kemper, went to Leawood, Kan., to Corinth Elementary School, which granddaughter Gabby Buck attends, for grandparents lunch. We enjoyed lunch with Gabby and some of her friends whose grandparents could not be there. Nov. 27, we awoke early with what was a sewer gas odor. Wanting to make sure that was all it was, we called the first responders. We are very fortunate to have such a great group of volunteers. Thanks Pam, Ed and Scott for your very early-morning visit to help us. You are appreciated much more by your community than you realize. Also on Nov. 27, we attended the funeral of a long-time co-worker and friend of Norvells, Greg Spartz, in Blue Springs. Thanksgiving guests in our home were Kim, Dan, Daniel, Jared and Abby Allnutt. They had a great time visiting and Kim and the boys helped Norvell get the recycling in town because he had not been able to do that. He has now been released from the doctor and able to do more.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Dec. 7 - Donice Parker; Dec. 8 - Glen Hunt; Dec. 10 - JoAnn Coleman, Gabby Buck, Gina Eberle, Laura Kirschner; Dec. 11 - Mickey Hedrick and Rex Eckhoff; Dec. 12 - LaDonna Prettyman; Dec. 13 - Marcie Sanders; Dec. 14 - Ann Elaine Snelling.
• Anniversary wishes go to Jim and Judy Bidwell on Dec. 10.
By Gail Lyon
• For the First Sunday Advent, West Line Christian Church had the monthly Basket Dinner. Pastor Barth had the flu so he was not able to be with us. Alan Welch delivered the sermon. The Ladies Aide will be filling their cheer plates Saturday, Dec. 7. They will begin at 9 a.m. If you have something to put on the cheer plates, please bring it to the church Friday, Dec. 6, or Saturday morning. The Christmas program is on the way to being started. Charlene Chaffin announced that she received information on the Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes. There were over 19, 000 collected in the Kansas City area. Journey had a meeting at school Dec. 4.
• Midway Elementary will have a program at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13.
• Happy Birthday: Becky Gilbert 6th, Tom Bailey 9th, Daniel Goddard 11th, Darrel Goddard, Bryan Irvin 12th.