By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had one odor investigation and a medical call for the week. Those who attended the Board meeting Dec. 16 were Howard Raffurty, Max Schmoll, Cyndi Ramage, Connie Kudron, John and Mischaele Bearce and Jackie Groblebe.
• Sympathy goes out to Brandee Branam on the death of her mother Shawna Hutson Branam on Dec. 15. Shawna worked at keeping the East Lynne Assembly of God childrens church organized and always had the Sunday school activities planned out months ahead of schedule. She got the two huge tubs put together for funerals and had everything that you would possibly need to put the dinner together to make the process run very smoothly. She loved to cook and you just knew when Shawna was there that there was plenty of different varieties of food that she served. She also worked part-time at the East Lynne school. Shawna was a blessing to all who knew her and will truly be missed.
• Happy birthday to Lyniah Guggisberg, Nicole Bridges, Norma Cameron, Steven Dark, Dee Krapes-OConnell, Darren Cusick, Wyatt Wells, Bobbie Gregg, Sam Kudron, Nick Wray, Spencer Morgan, Connie Wright, Jacqueline Akins, Tara Mefford, Molly Magness, Natalie Stock, Josh Louiselle, Robert Simpson Jr., Mark Kirk, Kandice Ike, Michele Smalley, and Amanda Burns.
• Happy anniversary to Taylene and Terry Faulkenberry and Richard and Priscilla Hamlin
By Nina Kemper
• Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.
• Inviting everyone to the Christmas Eve service at 7 p.m. at Freeman Presbyterian Church.
• Please send your Christmas news to firstname.lastname@example.org to have it included in this article.
• Dick and LaVeta Sanders were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Dec. 15. Joyce, Vince and Sydney Farr lit the Advent candle. Larry Parker played several Christmas hymns on his guitar.
• Get well wishes go to Diana Sanders, who had surgery at Research Medical Center on Dec. 16. She was doing well after surgery and we pray that will continue.
• There is a lot of sickness and serious illness in the community and we all need to keep these people in our thoughts.
• The Freeman Community Club met on Dec. 12 for its regularly scheduled meeting. The meeting started off at 6 p.m. by enjoying snacks. One item of business was thanking Corky Cook and the Christmas committee for a job well done at the Christmas lighting. New officers were elected and they will stay the same. Gwen Eason will be president, Donna Geivett will be secretary and Dick Sanders will be treasurer.
• We, Nina and Norvell Kemper, attended our granddaughter Gabby Bucks school program Dec. 11 in Leawood, Kan. Gabby is a member of the sixth grade orchestra and plays violin. Gabby and Julia, who plays the cello, were featured during the song Greensleeves. Gabby also is a member of the choir and they performed several songs. On Dec. 14, we attended Gabbys piano recital in Olathe, Kan.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Dec. 21 - Linda Carroll; Dec. 22 - Lorie Sturm Blackwell, Shirley Merrifield and Debra Smith; Dec. 23 - Kim Allnutt and Doris Fern Doyle; Dec. 24 - Lisa Lee, Cory Mickelson; Dec. 25 - Susan Stricker, Tammy Hayden and Chris Roberts; Dec. 27 - Melva Baldwin, Rev. Albert McDowell and Larry Wilt; Dec. 28 - Blake Scholl, Wanda Griffith, Gloria Messmer and Ron Linder.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: Dec. 22 - Toby and Loretta Wiseman and Steve and Diane Coble; Dec. 25 - Linda and Vance Nash; Dec. 28 - Jim and Janet Vannordstrand.
By Gail Lyon
• The West Line Christian Church building is coming along quite well. The siding is all done. The congregation really appreciates all the donations that have been given. The funds have been used and we are at a standstill until there are more funds. There will be a Christmas program at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 22.
• West Line has a couple of new businesses in town. They call it R & R, a hair salon and a photography business. West Line is very glad to welcome these businesses.
• I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. Remember those that have lost loved ones recently it will be a difficult one.
• Happy birthday: Phyllis Mathews, Shane Mercer 20th, Nathan Lyon 23rd, Penny Tarwater 24th, Jesus , Susan Ruble, Courage, Chris Goddard 25th.
• Happy anniversary: Steve and Diane Coble 22nd