By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department has been very quiet no calls for a couple of weeks.
• From my family to yours, may you have a wonderful New Year.
• Happy birthday to Joe Barnes, Troy Hobbs, Troy Patterson, Caleb Woolery, Doug Roth, Sharman Hartzler, Nathan Hernandez, Hannah Culbertson, Melanie Riggs, Lily Johnson, Kelly Nickle, Joseph Limata, Amber Taylor, Megan Middaugh, Tanner Cotterman, Tamera Cain, Lynn Heavin, Sue Miller, Troy Faulkenberry, Mike Craig, Joli Simpson, Gracie Hartzler, Ginger Holt, Adam Rushly, Brandon Casey, Danika Keyton, Traci Weibling, Eric Heavin, Dick King, Natalia Baron, Wayne McConnell, Makenzie Mastin and Crystal Gonzalez.
• Happy anniversary to Reuben and Hartzler and David and Rhonda Hernandez.
By Nina Kemper
• A reminder that the Freeman Cemetery Association will meet at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 11, at the Freeman Community Club. This is for everyone interested in the cemetery.
• The Christmas Eve service at Freeman Presbyterian Church was very nice and, despite the weather, a group of hearty souls attended. Several had been told not to come because of all the ice.
• The Freeman Community Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 9. This would be a good time to join because it is the first meeting of the new year.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly breakfast Saturday, Jan. 25. Members will serve 8-10 a.m. Freewill donation and a 50/50.
• Senior citizen Bingo will be Tuesday, Jan. 14.
• Visitors of David and John Ullery on Dec. 20 were Dennis and Susie Ullery and Karen and Bryan Williams.
• Christmas day guests of ours, Nina and Norvell Kemper, were Kim, Dan, Daniel, Jared and Abby Allnutt and Kay, Greg and Gabby Buck.
• Several in the community have been ill with the flu and I hope everyone is getting better.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Jan. 4 - Jason Kurzweil; Jan. 6 - Carole Gurnett, Judy Bidwell and Ethan Roberts; Jan. 7 - Peggy Irwin and Brandon Hayden; Jan. 8 - Carol Conrad; Jan. 9 - Kathy South; Jan. 10 - Swede Goddard and Dean Whitcraft; Jan. 11 - Jim Muchmore.
• Anniversary wishes go to Phil and Kay Terry on Jan. 5.