By Mischaele Bearce
• Sympathy goes out to the family of Linda Walker, who passed away earlier this week.
• Congratulations to Justin and Ashley Sims on the birth of a baby girl, Mckenzie Lee Ann Sims. She was born Dec. 18 weighing 8 pounds and was 20 inches long. Mckenzies grandparents are Jim and Debbie Sims, of Pleasant Hill, Terry Bowman, of Lees Summit, and Diane Bowman, of Pleasant Hill. Great-grandparents are, on Justins side, Nancy Daniel, of Raytown, and Ashleys side, Brenda Bowman, of Archie, and Gary and Marcella Vogeler, of Dayton.
• AT&T and Western Electric gang, dont forget to meet at 9 a.m. on the first Monday of every month at Hardees for breakfast.
• Happy birthday to Alyssa Cleveland, Jocab Helm, Amy Johnson, Courtney Call, Jason Guggisberg, Darlene James, Jacob Rushly, Kaitlyn Lloyd, Brittany Hayes, Emily Walquist, Alex Ripplinger, Lori Cotterman, Cary Weseman, Danny Johnson, and Angel Switzer.
• Happy anniversary to Gene and Shanda Dyke.
By Nina Kemper
• The first Freeman Community Club breakfast of the year will be 8-10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25. There will be biscuits, gravy, sausage, pancakes and drinks. Freewill donation. 50/50. Come and have a good breakfast and some good fellowship.
• The Freeman Baptist Ladies invite all ladies and teens to a Ladies Friendship Lunch 12-2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8. This lunch will be full of comfort food. Generations of ladies will tell their stories. Childcare will be provided.
• George and Carole Gurnett were the candle lighters at Freeman Presbyterian Church on Jan. 19. Rev. Ilona Buzick had the Childrens Moment and Dan Manning read the scriptures. Following the worship service, the annual Congregational/Corporation meeting took place. Then we went to the basement for a first birthday party for Zeke Needham. Zeke enjoyed his party very much, especially the cake.
• Diana Sanders is home from the hospital again and seems to be doing better. She is going to have a slow recovery.
• Awnee Henness was released from the hospital and is feeling better than he has for some time.
• Virginia Lees cataract surgery went very well and she will have the other eye done in February.
• We, Norvell and Nina Kemper, went to Warrensburg on Jan. 18 to watch our granddaughter Abby Allnutt play basketball. Abbys team lost by two points but was a very good game.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Jan. 25 - Lance Sanders; Jan. 26 - Randy Oakes and Bailey Scholl; Jan. 27 - Zeke Needham and Darrell Willkiamson; Jan. 29 - Marge Naylor; Feb. 1 - Natalie Parker, Sam Thomas and Randy Hawkins.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church welcomed back our brother and sister, Bob and Beverly Smith, from South Africa. They went to visit their daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren, the Dorr family, that went there in August as missionaries.
• This was a wonderful weekend, people were out walking their dogs and playing in the park.
• Tim and Nathan spent Jan. 18 in the woods hunting for squirrels but didnt get any. They also went for a while on Jan. 19. Abby and Emma spent the night of Jan. 18 with me. Their brother Nathan spent the night with a friend. The girls and I went to church and Logan came home with the girls to play. We went to the park. Then we took Logan to her grandparents house. Ray built a fire in their outdoor fireplace and we roasted marshmallows. After that, we went to Harrisonville to Sara Daviss house for supper. We had burritos with all the trimmings and for dessert, brownies and ice cream. We had a great time and I brought the kids home with me so we could spend Jan. 20 together. They played outside again, most of the day.
• Happy birthday: Angel Carver 24th, Hazel Wise 25th, Kim (Adams) Perry 26th, Sharon January 27th, Bryce Clary 29th, Bonnie Richardson 30th.
• Happy anniversary: Robin and Lena Mayes 23rd.