By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department was busy this week. There were medicals and grass fires that we mutual aided for, especially Jan. 26 with the winds as high as they were.
• Silver Manor meeting will be this week down at the fire station. It is mandatory that everyone be at this meeting.
• Jan. 26, after the morning service at East Point Church in East Lynne, formerly known as Assembly of God, Adam and Jaurie Wells, along with Adam and Kathryn Brown, went to the Kansas City area to minister to the homeless and the needy. They took donations to handout, including blankets, clothing, hats, scarves, bottled water, food items, Bibles and money. They were able to meet, pray for, and encourage 12 needy people.
• East Lynne School will have a make-up day Monday, Feb.3, due to the weather. School board meeting will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11. Friday, Feb. 14, the school will have its Valentines parties starting at 2:50 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, the school will celebrate the 100th day of school.
• Congratulations to Audrey Potter and Jordan Hyatt on the birth of a daughter, Belle Madeline Hyatt, on Jan. 21. Belle weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces and was 20.5 inches.
• Happy birthday to Virginia King, Kalista Schroeder, Mike Akins, David Carnes, Crystal Mefford, Athena Swanigan, Kholby Barnes, J. Cantrell, Chad Fair, Logan Woodruff, Courtney Weseman, Jacob Vasser, Matt Magness, George Locke, Gage Scott, Audrey Christoffel, Duchess Wall and Les Powell.
• Happy anniversary to Stacy and Tony Hopson.
By Nina Kemper
• The Freeman Baptist Church ladies are having a Ladies Friendship Lunch noon-2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8. Lunch will be full of comfort foods and generations telling their stories. Childcare will be provided. If you wish to participate, they also will be taking donations for Aarons House.
• The Freeman Community Club will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, with a potluck dinner. The meeting will follow at approximately 7 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• Senior Bingo will be Tuesday, Feb. 11. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Bring a white elephant gift for Bingo. This month in keeping with Valentines Day, they are asking everyone to bring a snack to share. There will be no dinner. Come and have a great time.
• The Walmart Retirees met Jan. 21 at Down Home Diner. It was decided to meet there again at 11:30 a.m. for the Tuesday, Feb. 18, lunch. If you retired from Walmart or were a long-time associate, please join this group.
• Some birthdays for next week include: Feb. 1 - Janae Lee, Sam Thomas, Natalie Parker; Feb. 2 - Old Groundhog Larry Parker; Feb. 3 - Nicole Sanders; Feb. 4- Dennis Ullery; Feb. 5 - Scott Sanders and Jean Reynolds; Feb. 6 - Abby Allnutt; Feb. 7 - Chloe Daily and Dalton Hayden; Feb. 8 - Velma Fletcher and Austin Vannordstrand.
• Anniversary wishes go to John and Linda Weiss and Jan and Lee Gaddy on Feb. 6.
By Gail Lyon
• Barry and Carla Lyon attended their grandson Liam Kinneys first birthday party at the community building in Cleveland. His parents JR and Ahsley had the party. Grandma Carla made the cake and he had his own little cake. There were many friends and family that attended.
• Bob and Lori Lyon attended the birthday party for their grandson, Jaylen. He turned five Jan. 23. There were many family and friends that attended.
• The Over Home Dinner at the Richardsons was Jan. 26. There were around 11 guests that attended and they served chicken and noodles and steak and onions. It was really good food, as always. Everyone enjoyed the day.
• The Midway basketball tournament will be the second week of February. Please plan on being there to cheer on your favorite players and eat lots of good food to help with the cost of different events like the After-Prom Party. Homemade pie also will be available.
• Black History month will start Saturday, Feb. 1, and Groundhog Day is Sunday, Feb.2.
• Happy Birthday Burton Bracken 2nd, Landon Miner, Jeromy Adams 5th, Brandi Barrett 6th.