By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had two medicals for the week. Feb. 10 was the monthly Board meeting at the station. Those who attended were Max Schmoll, Howard Raffurty, Connie Kudron, Jackie Groblebe and Mischaele Bearce. Bob Brunner took a class on Basic Wild Land Fire Fighting in Garden City. Mainteance training and meetings were done by Bryan Groblebe, Mike Davis, Henery Scott, Terry Faulkenberry and Jackie Groblebe. At 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, Gustafson will be at the fire station to go over our reports and talk to us about medical calls, etc.
• East Lynne Assembly Youth went to a national youth event called Acquire The Fire at Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, where they joined in with about 2,000 other teens in worship and Biblical teachings through animated speakers, drama, and all kinds of multimedia resources. Those who went from here were Harry and Mary Hartzler, Bobbi Jo Archer, Selena Cearley, Abby Drinkert, Brytni Hummel, Mandolyn Stuby, Masie Stuby, Jess Capps, Zion, Shon, Sherman, and Vivian Hartzler, Bailey and Kodey Jackson, Kaley Fiore, Chace Boring, and a friend, Joy. The theme was Epic Truth and the drama setting was inside the head of a teenager, but the solution to the problem came through what had happened in his heart.
• Happy birthday to Jeana Dunn, Levi Cusick, Darrell Swanigan, Chris Bromley (Trainer), Vicki Newton, Conner Uselton, Ava Stuby, Glenda Jones, Rand Strickland, Brandie Kresse, Shannon Zieman, Billie Jean Crusha, Sam Terrell, John Weaver, Vickie Hall and Kris Strickland.
• Happy anniversary to Larry and Jackie Guggisberg, George and Pat Locke.
• If you would like to have something put in this column, call me before Tuesday in the daytime before 6 p.m. please.
By Gail Lyon
• Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day.
• There will be a Valentines Dinner and Movie on the 5-10 p.m. Saturday, Feb.15. There will be childcare provided at the West Line Community Building.
• Presidents Day will be celebrated Monday, Feb. 17, and most schools are out and some businesses will be closed.
• The annual meeting of the Glenwild Cemetery Association will be Sunday, Feb. 23. It will begin at 2 p.m. at the West Line Community Building. Anyone interested in the cemetery are invited to attend the meeting.
• The Midway Basketball Tournament began Feb. 10. It will be at 4:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, and Saturday, Feb. 15. Midway After Prom Committee dinner will be 4-8 p.m. Feb. 14-15, during the Midway Invitational Basketball Tournament. The menu for Friday is Cavatina pasta, Caesar salad and bread stick and the menu for Saturday is Polish sausage and seven layer salad. Homemade dessert available every night with cotton candy on Friday.
• Happy Birthday: Jennifer Hager 15th, Jenny Stukes 16th, Nora Kay Evins 17th, Shayla Madden 18th, Naomi Cook, Valerie Boatwright 19th, and Donnie Whitcraft 20th.
• Happy Anniversary: Steve and Shannon Chandler 16th.