• Happy Birthday: Richard Freidline, 9th.
By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire has had several calls for the week. We had medicals, lifting assistance and MVA. There was a wreck in front of my house March 2 and John Bearce and Kevin Riggs helped the guy out of the ditch. The guys are getting the trucks ready for the grass fires that will surely come in a month or so. Board meeting will be Monday, March 10.
• Little Bit Store has closed and the signs have been taken down.
• East Lynne Assembly of God was open March 2 and had a lovely service done by Cliff Woolery and the worship team only had Donna Woolery and Lindsay Sims but it still sounded wonderful. We had about 20 people who braved the ice and snow storm.
• Dont forget to set your clocks forward before you go to bed Saturday, March 8.
• With no school March 3 for Harrisonville, I got to spend the day with my granddaughter. Brezlynn Jones and I thoroughly enjoyed that. I dont get to see much of her or another grandson, Derreck Bearce.
• Linda Cox enjoyed a trip to Hazard County, Ky., and Richlands, Va., to visit her 90-year-old uncle in Virginia and attend a birthday party for an aunt turning 90 in Wallins Creek, Ky. The weather was in the 60s, with grass turning green and even daffodils almost ready to bloom. Which was appreciated, as it snowed here. Linda rode with three of her sisters and one brother-in-law, Norma and Paul Jones from Raymore, Carol Roberts of Butler, and Teri Meade of Clinton. Coxs dad was from Richlands, Va., so the trip had many happy memories, along with visiting with lots of relatives. It was good to go and good to get home.
• Happy birthday to Jerry Tribble, Allie Roth, Monica Dabbs, Bethany Roth, Erikka Worley, Daisey Reaves, Cailten Cox, Jennifer Wright, John Trainer, Blake Danell and Jessica Crusha (Wray).
• Happy anniversary to Chad and Emma Culpepper.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church was closed once again March 2. I think this is the first year that I remember it having to close this much in one year for the weather.
• School also was closed March 3. There will be a Math Competition at the school this week.
• Elementary Students of the Month are kindergartener Savannah Whitcraft, first grader Matthew Sutcliffe, second grader Hannah Burks, third grader Evan Williams, fourth grader Amanda McAfoos, fifth grader Hannah Carver and sixth grader Johnny Humbird.
• The Midway senior basketball players and cheerleaders were honored by the Midway Athletics Department and Athletic Booster Club on Feb. 21 before the varsity girls basketball game. Senior basketball players were No. 21 Mason Irvin, No. 22 Nate Fisher, No. 44 Bobby Zielinski, and No. 30. Jodi Rhodes. The senior basketball cheerleader was Skylar French.
• Midway seniors Mason Irvin and Jodi Rhoads were crowned court-warming King and Queen on Feb. 21. The court included Bobby Zielinski, Emily Aksamit, Clay Dahman and Mariah Keeney.
• Kindergarten round-up and screening for 2014-2015 will be Wednesday, April 2. If you know of anyone in your community that will have a kindergarten-eligible student next year, please make sure they are aware of this date.
• Carla and Barry Lyon gathered at the cemetery to honor their late son, Mike Clary, with other family members and friends. It was in the Belton Cemetery
• Happy Birthday: Ed Starks 7th, Gregg Huff, Carla Lyon 8th, Chloris Richardson, Rick Hager 9th, Charlie Graham, Damien Goddard 10th.