By Mischaele Bearce
• The East Lynne Fire Department has been really busy this week with all of the grass fires. We have mutual aided with Pleasant Hill, Garden City and Central Cass/Harrisonville. We had a few of our own grass fires. One call was a bonfire. We also had two medicals. The Board approved to buy another engine last week and it is now in the bay area.
• John and Fran Trainer had a beanfest at their home the weekend of March 15-16. Those enjoying the day were Frank and his wife Elizabeth, Jennifer and family, Chris and family, Virginia King, and Nancy and Paul Gregg. Also included in the gathering was Larraine Lawler and Donna Guggisberg. Donna spoke with Elaine Helphery March 16 and she is at home doing well and will have a birthday this week.
• Congratulations to Anthony and Jill (Powell) Faulkenberry on the birth of a daughter, McKenna Grace, at 6 pounds, 8 ounces and 18 inches long. McKenna entered the world at 6:35 p.m. March 17.They just a baby shower for her March 16 and she got a lot of very nice presents.
• East Lynne Assembly of God had a Missionary day with a pancake/sausage breakfast cooked and cleaned by the youth with Harry and Mary Hartzler supervising. Then for the service, the youth did a mime program called Sinbox and then Harry talked about the trips they have planned this summer.
• Happy birthday to Elaine Helphrey, Ryder Wells, Sarah Freidline, Alex Kerr, Cody Schooler, Blaine Sexton, Verna Carver, Nathan Kreimeyer, Rylee Smalley, Julea Abernathy, Justin Vasser, Keri Mullis, Joel Heavin, Taylor Watson, Lance Gregg, Randa Bailey, Justin Sims, Bailey Whitehead, and Zachery Hochhalter.
• Happy anniversary to Terry and Taylene Faulkenberry.
By Nina Kemper
• As several of you noticed, the Freeman News was missing for a few weeks. I had a couple of surgeries and after the second, I was put on bed rest for several weeks. Im so sorry that I missed getting a lot of things in the news.
• Due to my on going health issues, this is the last column I will be writing. The Cass County Democrat Missourian is looking to hire a replacement. If you are interested in getting paid to write this column, you must call the office at 816-380-3228 and let them know you are interested. I have been writing the news for 20-plus years and have enjoyed it.
• The Freeman Community Club will have its regular monthly breakfast 8-10 a.m. Saturday, March 29. There will be sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, orange juice, milk and coffee. This is a free will offering. Chances for a 50/50 drawing will be sold at the door. This is a good time to get out and enjoy a good breakfast and some good fellowship.
• The Easter Sunrise Community Service will be at 6 a.m. at Freeman Presbyterian Church. The West Line Christian Church plus the Freeman churches will have parts in the service. This service is open to everyone to attend.
• Some birthdays for next week include: March 22 - Audrey Zoog, Aaron Seabaugh; March 24 - Jordan Zenoor; March 25 - Jill Smith and David Irwin; March 27 - Venessa Lee, Joe Rodier; March 28 - Michelle Whalen Agriesti; March 29 - Mike Whalen.
• Some anniversaries for next week include: March 23 - Kent and Cherry Mickelson and Gene and Donna Franse; and March 29 - John and Melinda Eads.
By Gail Lyon
• If you know of anyone in your community that will have a kindergarten-eligible student next year, please make sure they are aware of registration.
• Some of the kids are practicing for the play at Midway, which is Wizard of Oz this year. It is in April.
• My grandkids came over March 14 to spend the weekend with me. It was beautiful March 15 so they spent the day in the park. Logan Barrett and Lexi Gunnels also came to the park to play with them. Logan later came over with the girls to play at my house. We stayed in the house mostly March 16 because it turned so cold. Tim came and got Nathan to go to the woods with him. About 4 p.m., the girls and I went to Harrisonville to eat dinner at their dads. He was fixing spaghetti and Texas toast. He also had a nice salad. Sara Davis also joined us for dinner. For dessert, we had a piece of Saras birthday cake that her stepmom had made her. It was red velvet and it was delicious. After we ate, we played with Abbys karaoke machine that she got for Christmas. Then we watched a movie called Free Bird. It was a great night.
• March 16, Jenny Goddard had her sons, Damien Goddard, 10th birthday at the West Line building. Many family and friends attended. His Grandma Carla made him a cake from the movie Despicable Me one of the little yellow guys, I dont know what theyre called.
• Happy Birthday: Aaron Seabaugh 22nd,Tammy Brown 24th, Autumn Seabaugh 25th.
• Happy Anniversary: James and Twila Dryer 24th.