By Mischaele Bearce
• Another crazy week for the East Lynne Fire Department with all the grass fires, once again, and mutual aid calls.
• East Lynne Elementary will be have a Kindergarten Screening and Round-Up on Friday, April 12. Parents with children who will be 5 before Aug. 1 may call the school at 816-626-3511 to schedule an appointment. We will begin at 9 a.m. with the last appointment at 3 p.m. Items required for enrollment are Childs State Certified Birth Certificate, Childs Current Immunization Record, Childs Social Security Card, Legal proof of custody in special circumstances and Missouri Eye Examination Form.
• Get well to Roach, who was in the hospital and is home now doing well.
• March 22, we, John and Mischaele Bearce, had a small gathering of 20 friends that we hung out with 40 years ago while dating. It was really nice to sit and mingle for five hours at Ruby Tuesdays in Independence and catch up on each other lives, kids, etc. We have seen all within the last 40 years but not at happy-time sitting. We are in the planning stages now for when Johns sister, Jeannie, from Texas comes up to have a huge gathering of all the gang at the old neighborhood to come down.
• Happy birthday to Stephanie Stockman, Rylie Christiansen, Brittany Riely, Sarah Roth, Mildred James, Sharon Wright, Xavier Johnson, Judy Johnson, Lincoln Lawson, Charley Jeu Devine, Tent Martin, Carson Case, Mikayla Myler, Paige Zieman, Shelly Kreimeyer, Thomas Rushly, Jessica Shook and Lori Hernandez.
• Happy anniversary to Kathy and Larry Smalley, Tommie and Lisa Faulkenberry, and John and Heather Stuby.
• If you would like to report events happening in your community while earning some extra money, call 816-380-3228.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church has insulation in the new edition. The sheetrock is being delivered sometime Monday, March 31. Jon is asking for some volunteers to help him put up plastic before they put up the sheetrock. There was a very nice crowd at church March 23. Our snowbirds from Texas brought us all oranges. They were delicious.
• Wow, what a surprise to wake up with snow on the ground on the morning of March 23 at least it wasnt on the road.
• Midway PTO Sock Hop/Bingo night will be at 5:30 p.m. Friday, March 28, in the cafeteria, commons and gym. Everyone is welcome to attend. There also will be a meal served.
• Track season is underway and they went to the first meet March 24. Monday, March 31, is the Track and Field Archie Invitational, 1st T/F Butler Relays (JH) 3:45 p.m.
• Elementary Book Fair is Friday, March 28, through Friday, April 11 You may shop online at the Midway website.
• If you know of anyone in your community that will have a kindergarten-eligible student next year, please make sure they are aware of the Wednesday, April 2, registration date. Sorry that the date was not in there last week.
• Happy Birthday: Tony Richardson 25th, Jamie Page 26th, Dennis Hurst 31st, Carol Irvin 1st.