By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had a few medical calls for the week but we had no one to respond. Control burns were reported and a water/well rescue that had a sad ending.
• East Lynne Book Fair is still continuing this week starting at 7 a.m. in the morning and staying open each evening for your enjoyment at looking at the books. If you are unable to attend, they do have an online fair website for your enjoyment Tuesday, April 22. All purchases benefit the school. The website is http://bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/eastlynneelementaryschool.
• Grandparents Day also will be celebrated this week.
• At 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, will be the School Board meeting.
• Silver Manor Board meeting will be at 7 p.m. Thursday at East Lynne Fire Department.
• Their will be no school April 14-18 due to spring break and Easter will be Sunday, April 20. Also, there will be no school Monday, April 21. Tuesday, April 22, the kindergarteners and first graders will be going on a field trip to Pardise Park in Lees Summit. Wednesday, April 23, the Outdoor Kids Club will meet. Then starting at 9 a.m. Friday, April 25, there will be a Kindergarten Roundup and the 5th and 6th grade dance will start at 7 p.m.
• Sympathy goes out to Connie Dillion and family on the passing of Connie this week.
• Happy anniversary to Larry and Cheryl Nickel and Dillard and Amy Meins.
• Happy birthday to Jeff Cox, Cooper Degase, Benjamin Hartzler, Jessica Cox, Vannessa Conger, Aaron White, Kim Bevan, John Stuby and Nathan Rushly.
• A very special happy birthday to our granddaughter, Samara Gonzalez, who will turn 3 Saturday, April 12, and her papi, Armando Gonzalez, on Wednesday, April 16.
• If you would like to report events happening in your community while earning some extra money, call 816-380-3228 or stop by the office at 301 S Lexington, Harrisonville.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church had a very good turnout for the first Sunday of the month basket dinner. Ken Roney, from Colorado, was in town. Holly Humbird gave her testimony at church. It was a wonderful testimony of how God can work in your life if you just will let Him.
• Jessica Kirby had a birthday party for her daughter, Grace, April 4 at Harolds. It was in the game room. The kids played games and the adults visited and ordered their favorite foods and then they sang Happy Birthday and Grace opened her presents. Everyone had a wonderful time.
• On April 5, Kelly Dehner had a reveal-the-gender of her sisters baby, Christine Carter. There were around 30 at the party. Games, food, cookies and cupcakes were served. The baby was revealed as a boy.
• At Midway, Promenade is 2-3 p.m. at the school. Junior/Senior Prom will be at 7 p.m. at a mansion in Kansas City, then they will come back to the school for the After-Prom Party. At 4 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, Track and Field meet at Pleasanton Invitational and at 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, is the T/F Midway Invitational (JH). There will be no school Friday, April 18.
• Happy Birthday: Mark Snider 11th, Mary Ann Fort, Jade Busta 13th, Nathan Goddard 14th, Nova Kraft 15th, and Alicia Whitcraft 17th.
• Happy Anniversary: Jon and Kaye Seabaugh 11th