The Raymore-Peculiar School District announces the finalists for Teacher of the Year and Support Staff Employee of the Year.
Teacher of the Year finalists are:
• Colleen Bennett, Peculiar Elementary School
• Gina Cleveland, Bridle Ridge Intermediate School
• Wil Codilla, Stonegate Elementary School
• Tricia Elmore, Timber Creek Elementary School
• Angie LaSala, Raymore Elementary School
• Kristin Mason, Raymore Elementary School
• Stephanie Morrison, Creekmoor Elementary School
• Heather Phillips, Raymore Elementary School
• Lisa Roberts, Ray-Pec High School
• Kris Schuler, Eagle Glen Intermediate School
Support Staff Employee of the Year finalists are:
• Lisa Baird, secretary at Creekmoor Elementary School
• Earnestine Clay, Panther Pride School Age Child Care
• Scott Dobson, Buildings and Grounds Department
• JoEllen Hainey, athletics/activities secretary at Ray-Pec High School
• Pam Hecker, secretary at Eagle Glen Intermediate School
• Ed Hruska, crossing guard at Eagle Glen Intermediate School
The finalists will be honored and the winners will be announced at a dinner event sponsored by the Raymore-Peculiar Public School Foundation. The event is scheduled for 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 7, in the south high school patio commons. You are invited to attend the dinner to show support for the finalists. The cost is $20 per person. To RSVP, or for more information, contact Pam Steele at the Administrative Services Center at 816-892-1311 or email@example.com.
More than 50 other teachers were nominated for Teacher of the Year, including Gillian Baehr, Peculiar Elementary; Amy Beck, Creekmoor; Elizabeth Breier, Bridle Ridge; Nikki Brewer, middle school; Jennifer Buckley, Bridle Ridge; Risa Bullard, Shull; Andrea Calkins, Creekmoor; Brenda Clayton, Stonegate; Matt Copeland, high school; Samantha Dobson, Bridle Ridge; Alan Downing, high school; Nikki Dudek, high school; Valarie Ellsworth, high school; Jessica Farrell, Timber Creek; Julie Fisher, Peculiar Elementary; Jeannie Frazier, high school; Dan Garrison, Bridle Ridge; Katie Goodin, Creekmoor; Rebecca Gooding, Eagle Glen; Pepper Grimm, Stonegate; James Huffman, Stonegate; Wendy Huffman, Stonegate; Jennifer Hutchens, high school; Roger Jacobs, Stonegate; Bill Koder, Eagle Glen; Jacqueline Lair, Stonegate; Jamie Lecuru, Peculiar Elementary; Jared Littlejohn, Bridle Ridge; Sara Moner, Stonegate; Tana Morrison, Shull; Johnna Mueller, high school; Nate Northcraft, Eagle Glen; Joe O’Neal, high school; Rebecca Oshel, Creekmoor; Cathy Pittman, Bridle Ridge; Wendell Pritchett, Bridle Ridge; Stephen Rew, Eagle Glen; Chris Roller, Peculiar Elementary; Leah Sapp, Eagle Glen; Melissa Schmidt, Eagle Glen; Elise Schnarr, Creekmoor; Dan Schwarz, high school; Michele Sherron, Eagle Glen; Ken Simon, high school; Lisa Swalwell, high school; Jennifer Talley, high school; Wendy Turner, high school; Julie Vannatter, high school; John Van Pelt, middle school; Jason Waltz, Eagle Glen; and Greg Watson, Bridle Ridge;
These other employees were also nominated for Support Staff Employee of the Year nominations were Gale Garten, secretary at the north high school; Christine Huggins, secretary at the north high school; Pat Mabary, paraprofessional at Shull; Sarah Miller, custodian at Ray-Pec Academy; Randy Norcross, custodian at Peculiar Elementary; Nichole Polley, teacher associate at Raymore Elementary; Sue Pillow, secretary at Timber Creek; Darlene Rexroad, nurse at Peculiar; and Sara Stephenson-Snyder, teacher associate at Shull.