By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne had a medical call for the week. There have been 49 calls for the year that we had firefighters respond to in which 25 were from the past month. Howard Raffurty had his last Board meeting this past week. He is retiring from the department with 32 years as Board member and fire fighting. Cyndi Ramage took over his Presidents seat and Roy Sparks is now on the Board.
• At East Lynne School, May 6-8 will be cheer clinic and starting at 4 p.m. Friday, May 9, will be cheer tryouts. Board members for the school are Keith Riggs, president, Craig Jeu Devine, vice president, Mike Parris, secretary, Crystal Denner, treasurer and Marc Bruton, Mike Davis and Bill Smith member position.
• At East Lynne Assembly of God, it was a packed church for the Sunday morning service. The service that Cliff Woolery preached on was fantastic and Lyndsay Sims sang a solo with her amazing voice. Everyone is invited to Sunday service starting at 10:30 a.m.
• Happy birthday to Mischaele Bearce, Trenton Rushly, Kim Bevan, Savanna Rushly, Stacie Hartzler, Virginia Carver, Terri Burton, Blake Schmoll, Hunter and Wyatt Crusha, Lorraine Lawler, Mike Hyatt, and Tuter.
• If you would like to regularly report events happening in your community, while earning some extra money, call 816-380-3228 or stop by the office at 301 S Lexington, Harrisonville.
• If you want to share your news item or event here, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Gail Lyon
• West Line Christian Church had its annual Easter program. It was wonderful. The little kids put on a special skit about Jesus tomb being empty and it was a full house. The new addition is ready to be painted. Thanks everyone for the donations; everyone will be blessed by them.
• There will be an 80th birthday celebration 1-4 p.m. Saturday, May 3, for George Cochran at the West Line Community Center. George has lived in West Line since 1963. This is open for all walk-ins. We will serve cake and coffee, tea or punch. Please bring a birthday card and hope to see you there. If you are unable to attend, please send a birthday card to George Cochran, c/o Marie Holcomb, P.O. Box 11, Freeman, MO 64746. We are trying to get as many birthday cards for him this year as possible.
• Eleven Midway concert band members participated in WEMO All-Conference Band at Appleton City High School earlier this spring. The students spent a full Saturday in workshops with the guest director, Derek Cross, and the percussion ensemble director, Tommy Payton. The day ended with a concert performed for parents and guests featuring a percussion ensemble and the songs Images of Ireland, by Brian Balmages, Gallant Marines, by Karl King/Arr. Swearingen, Shenandoah, by Robert Sheldon, On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss, by David Holsinger, When Rhinos Do the Rhumba in the Rain, by Len Orcino, and Halo Theme, by Robert Sheldon. The Midway musicians who participated were Hunter Oakes, trumpet; Lee Smith, baritone; Christian Wyzard, percussion; Tessa Mills, flute; Tucker Wyzard, tenor saxophone; Jackson Eberle, tenor saxophone; Clay Dahman, tuba; Tracy Smith, director of Midway bands; Gina Smith, trumpet; JoAnna Massey, flute; Mackenze Jones, percussion; Taylor Mayfield, trumpet.
• Monday, April 28, T/F Midway Relays 3:45 p.m., Tuesday, April 29, T/F Whirlwind (JH) Invitational (Archie) 4 p.m. The play will be May 2-3.
• The Richardsons had their annual weenie roast and Easter Egg Hunt in West Line at the home place April 20. It was a great day.
• Happy Birthday: Kathy Mincks 24th, Codey Lyon 25th, Zac Clary 27th, and Shawn Sanders 29th.
• Happy Anniversary: Junior and Cristi Lavelock 28th.