By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had a medical for a piece of farm equipment that had fallen on a person last week. Those who attended the meeting last month for Board were Jackie and Bryan Groblebe, Connie Kudron, Max Schmoll, Mischaele Bearce, Terry, Anthony and Troy Faulkenberry, Roy Sparks, Mike Davis, Nicole Stanton, Nathan Wright, Cyndi Ramage and Howard Raffurty.
• Congratulations to Tristin Fair and Lexee Beckett on the birth of a son, Canden Michael Fair, born at 9:48 a.m. April 9. He weighted 6 pounds and was 17 inches long.
• East Lynne Educator of the Year finalists are Heather Hartzler, Chelsea Hawkins and Marie Roach. Hartzler joined East Lynne this year as a librarian and English language arts teacher. Hawkins also began this year as a kindergarten teacher. Roach has been with the school for 19 years and is a music and computer teacher. The Educator of the Year will be named Friday, May 23, at the end-of-the-year assembly.
• Happy birthday to Tucker Lawson, Lauren Newsome, Diane Magness, Christopher Morgan, Olivia Tribble, Jonathon Watson, Michenzie Magufee, Lincoln Lawson and Bert Ball.
• Happy anniversary to Jerry and Maryann Tribble and Connie and Corby Kudron.
• If you would like to regularly report events happening in your community, while earning some extra money, call 816-380-3228 or stop by the office at 301 S Lexington, Harrisonville.
• If you want to share your news item or event here, email email@example.com.
By Gail Lyon
• WLCC had a very special guest April 27Brian Hanson, who plays the piano and sings.
• There will be an 80th birthday celebration for George Cochran 1-4 p.m. Saturday, May 3, at the West Line Community Center. Cochran has lived in West Line since 1963. This is open for all walk-ins. We will serve cake and coffee, tea or punch. Please bring a birthday card. If you are unable to attend, please send a birthday card to George Cochran, c/o Marie Holcomb, P.O. Box 11, Freeman, MO 64746. We are trying to get as many birthday cards for him this year as possible.
• The Midway music department will put on Wizard of Oz this year. It will be preformed at 7 p.m. Friday, May 2, and Saturday, May 3.
• Bobby Zielinski was crowned Mr. Viking in the first annual Mr. Viking contest April 17 in the elementary gymnasium. Other winners were for Talent, Joel Suarez, Mr. Congeniality, Shane White, Swimsuit, Jake Lambertz, and Formal wear, Tanner Yahnig. The fun-filled evening was a big success for the Midway Lettermans Club.
• I went and picked up my granddaughters, Abby and Emma Lyon, April 25. Nathan had a friend over and they went hunting Saturday morning with Nathans dad Tim Lyon. The girls and I got up Saturday morning and went out to Midway. They were having practice for the play. My niece Logan Barrett is in the play and we met up with them. After practice, Abby and Emma went with Aunt Donna and Logan to spend a couple of hours at play. After, we went to Harrisonville and picked up Nathan and did a few other things in Harrisonville. We went to the Historical Society Yard Sale. The kids purchased a few things and we headed to West Line. Nathan was picked up by Josh Barrett on Sunday morning to go meet up with Tim to go mushroom hunting. They found about 120 between all of them, but Tim said their hunt was cut short by the storm. The and I girls attended Sunday school and church. We are all very saddened by the accident that happened in our community April 26 for all the people involved were from the community. It happened at the intersection of D and 2 highways around 11 a.m. and we lost a wonderful lady that was really involved in her community. We will miss her enormously. I also ask for us to think and pray for her husband who remains in the hospital and also for the young man that was involved in the accident.
• Happy Birthday: Sandra Cook 3rd, Cindy Mincks 4th, Shannon Lueker 5th and Annissa Scott 5th.