Raymore Parks and Recreation has again teamed-up with Challenger Sports, the top instructional soccer company in the U.S., to host another week-long “British Soccer Camp” this summer in Raymore.
The camp, which will be held June 16 through June 20 at Recreation Park, will be coached by a member of Challenger’s team of 1,200 British soccer coaches flown over exclusively to conduct over 3,000 soccer camps this summer.
This camp is more than a week of learning skills and running drills. In addition to a daily regimen of foot-skills, technical, tactical practices and tournament play, Challenger will educate players in lessons on respect, responsibility, integrity, leadership and sportsmanship.
Campers will also experience a unique cultural experience by participating in the “Camp World Cup,” a daily tournament that teaches players about life, customs and traditions of other countries as players will create soccer chants, wear the team colors of their country, bring flags and learn about the country they represent.
Raymore Parks and Recreation is offering the following British Soccer Camp sessions this year:
• First Kicks – Young players are introduced to game basics through fundamental activities, games and fun soccer challenges for an hour each day. Parents are encouraged to join in and help guide their child through this fun learning experience. This camp is for 3- and 4-year-olds and meets from 9 to 10 a.m. Enrollment is $78.
• Mini Soccer – Fun games, competitions and skill-building activities are designed to enlighten and develop budding players for two hours each day. This camp is for 5- and 6-year-olds and meets from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Half-Day Camp – Emphasis is placed upon skill development and mastery of core techniques through individual and small group practices and coached games. This all-action camp is the most popular program and meets for three hours each day. This camp is for 7- to 12-year-olds and meets from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Full-Day Camp – A more advanced camp for serious players, full-day camps meet for six hours each day and focus on game-related techniques, tactical development and coached match play. This camp is for 8- to 14-year-olds and meets from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Goalkeeping – Participants will receive instruction from Challenger Sports’ goalkeeping coaches and features warm-up techniques, footwork, agility, handling, shot stopping, set pieces, positioning and game play. This camp is for 7- to 16-year-olds and meets from 1to 4 p.m.
All registrants will receive a free soccer camp T-shirt, soccer ball, giant soccer poster, and a personalized skills performance evaluation.
Space for these camps is limited so parents are encouraged to enroll their children early. For more information or to sign-up online, visit www.challengersports.com.