By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne Fire Department had two medicals for the week. Gustifson was down to look over reports, talk to us if there were any questions on our calls, etc. He brought down the new C-Collars that the first responders, ambulance personnel are using now along with the Dody belt for lifting patients. We received new radios last week and will be doing training on them also this week. Board meeting members that attended were Jackie and Bryan Groblebe, Connie Kudron, Roy Sparks, Max Schmoll, Mischaele Bearce and Mike Davis. We had a little 3-year-old visitor, Bryleigh Ayler, that Bryan brought, doing the medical with the C-Collar training.
• Congratulations to the Harrisonville students from the East Lynne/Gunn City area or who have family in this area. Those students are Haley Hyatt, Brent Duffy, Jacob Weibling, Matthew Cox, Mackenzie Eisel, Colten Feagley and Jesse Grund.
• Happy birthday to Dawn Cox, Mark Gregg, Braeden Mickleberry, Brycen Mickleberry, Kwenten Kiff, Jo Lester Barnes, Priscilla Hamlin, Joan Cox, Jasmine Bailey, Tara Hernandez and Kyre Wells.
• Happy anniversary to Steve and Karol Katzenberger.
• There will be a memorial service for Dick and LaVeta Sanders at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 31, at Cass Midway School. Everyone is invited.
• If you would like to regularly report events happening in your community, while earning some extra money, call 816-380-3228 or stop by the office at 301 S Lexington, Harrisonville.
• If you want to share your news item or event here, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Gail Lyon
• The fish fry at West Line Christian had a very good turnout. There were lots of dessert items left May 18 for everyone.
• On May 17, I attended the graduation party of Jordan Richardson at the Community Center in Harrisonville. He is the son of Chris and Cathy Richardson, of Harrisonville, grandson of Jess and Joann Richardson, of Cleveland. He graduated from Harrisonville on May 16.
• Memorial Day services at Glenwild Cemetery will be at 9:30 a.m. Monday. May 26. Following this service, the American Legion will have the service at 10 a.m. to honor the veterans.
• Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Memorial Day.
• Midway School will be out next week Thursday, May 29. Have a great and safe summer.
• Happy Birthday: Rick Seabaugh 23rd, Doris Goddard 24th, Larri Nelson 26th, Taylor Boyer and Jill Hadley.