By Mischaele Bearce
• East Lynne had one medical for the week. Several of the firefighters met at 6:30 a.m. June 1 for breakfast and then had a workshop day working on the trucks and cleaning. Everyone has gotten their new radio and will have a training meeting on them very quickly. Board meeting will be Tuesday, June 10.
• School is now over.
• Happy birthday to Carter Lawson, Angela Harralson, Herb Carver, Kayden Chamberlain, Jack Dempsey, Karsen Grund, Dillion Eisel and Jordon Dalton.
• Happy anniversary to Justin and Christa Tuttle, Jeannie and Pete Anson, Mike and Diane Magness, Proctor and Casey Keyton, Matt and Kari Magness.
• If you would like to regularly report events happening in your community, while earning some extra money, call 816-380-3228 or stop by the office at 301 S Lexington, Harrisonville.
• If you want to share your news item or event here, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Gail Lyon
• There was a Community Memorial Service on May 31 in the little gym of Midway for Dick and LaVeta Sanders. When I read or heard stories about them it seems as though they were carrying out the message of Jesus of being a servant. In every characteristic of the word. The community will miss this couple very much. God bless everyone that this tragedy has impacted
• The West Line Church had a very nice turnout for June 1. It was Basket Dinner Day. Sherri had bandannas for everyone to wear kicking off VBS. Come to the West Line Corral 6-8:30 p.m. July 7-11. Elders and Deacons met after the dinner. Jesie and Christine Whitcraft had a Youth Group Cookout for both youth groups, A2J and Journey. Fund Raiser Meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday, June 9, Journey Meeting on Wednesday, June 11, Womens Retreat on Saturday, June 14, for Gods Faithfulness. Dont forget to write these on your calendar.
• Gramby, Lori Brock threw one of her fantastic parties for her grandson Elijah on June 1. The theme was Mickey Mouse. Carla Lyon made his cake. It was a wonderful time for all.
• Dont forget to fill out the name and address form in the bulletin. We are updating the directory.
• Doris Goddard celebrated her 80th birthday with her family.
• Happy Birthday: Junior Gilbert 8th, Ruth Ann Dane 11th, and Lois Young 12th.
• Happy Anniversary: John and Nancy Richardson